• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DvlSalman

DvlSalman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hey Fellas

just wanted to know the range of ptcl wifi modems in dbi. Also I'd like to know if it has a detachable antenna, if yes then of what connector? like RP SMA male or female. I'd Appreciate your answers. (:

#2 iamcool

iamcool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hey Fellas

just wanted to know the range of ptcl wifi modems in dbi. Also I'd like to know if it has a detachable antenna, if yes then of what connector? like RP SMA male or female. I'd Appreciate your answers. (:

in around 10 meter area you can use the wifi with good signal quality and yes you can have an external antenna to improve signal quality,i am not sure it will increase your range or not,you can buy that antenna from one stop shop and for further details you can call 1236

#3 executionist

executionist

Platinum member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hey Fellas

Which one? They used to give out Fiberhome AN1020-25 until last year. This year they are giving out a Tenda model.

The Fiberhome has a 2dbi antenna with an EIRP of 20dbm

Not sure about the Tenda model, but both have non detachable antenna's

Two’s company, three’s a crowd

#4 DvlSalman

DvlSalman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

in around 10 meter area you can use the wifi with good signal quality and yes you can have an external antenna to improve signal quality,i am not sure it will increase your range or not,you can buy that antenna from one stop shop and for further details you can call 1236

Which one? They used to give out Fiberhome AN1020-25 until last year. This year they are giving out a Tenda model.

The Fiberhome has a 2dbi antenna with an EIRP of 20dbm

Not sure about the Tenda model, but both have non detachable antenna's

The range seems quite less. Having no advantage of upgrading antenna, I believe It's better to buy a wifi router.

#5 iamcool

iamcool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

The range seems quite less. Having no advantage of upgrading antenna, I believe It's better to buy a wifi router.

The Tenda router (first one) coverage should be about 20 to 25m. The wifi will work if there are 3 to 4 Walls in between.

Tp-link TL-WR941ND the second one will give you coverage of about 25m to 28m. The wifi will work if there are 4 to 5 Walls in between.

Tp-link TL-WR841N the third one will give you coverage of about 18m to 20m. The wifi will work if there are 2 Walls in between.

The last one TL-WR2543ND will support 6 to 7 Walls. and give you coverage of 60 to 70m. (Used myself)

#6 DvlSalman

DvlSalman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

The Tenda router (first one) coverage should be about 20 to 25m. The wifi will work if there are 3 to 4 Walls in between.

Tp-link TL-WR941ND the second one will give you coverage of about 25m to 28m. The wifi will work if there are 4 to 5 Walls in between.

Tp-link TL-WR841N the third one will give you coverage of about 18m to 20m. The wifi will work if there are 2 Walls in between.

The last one TL-WR2543ND will support 6 to 7 Walls. and give you coverage of 60 to 70m. (Used myself)

Thanks dude.. I'll buy one suiting on my budget (:

#7 DvlSalman

DvlSalman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Currently they're offering kasda KW5815 modem with a 3dBi Antenna. EIRP 17dBm.
Still not good

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ptcl, wifi, modem, range, dbi, connector, antenna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google Ads