Micronet/Nayatel DSL/FTTH news + queries + problems + solutions

998 posts in this topic

Posted

All posts relating to Micronet [DSL] and Nayatel [FTTH] service [in Islamabad/Rawalpindi] and any problems relating to it will be posted/discussed in this thread. Any Micronet [DSL] and Nayatel [FTTH] news, new service plans/packages or other info can be posted and shared through this thread.

Over the time, if something really useful is posted by anyone, I will add it to this first post so that solutions to common problems can be easily found.

================

= Helpful Information =

================

============================================================================

= Question | Post Number | Credit =

Posted

In view of PTCL's new rate of 512k @ 1200 Rs (unlimited). We expect that MBL will also make its packages unlimited.

Posted

Nayatel are currently digging up my street again, Maybe they didnt fully fit it last time.

Actually they are digging up most of my surrounding streets. Maybe a good time to go for a connection?

Posted

Is it Nayatel or the CDA duct project? I can see the CDA boards for the latter near my home.

Posted

what is CDA DUCT project.... I hav seen people digging near ptcl exchange and there was a board with CDA logo on it .

Posted

They are laying fiber ducts underground.

Any way, I urge ever MBL/Nayatel customer here to send an email at [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] to apprise them of the current situation with PTCL and ask them about any plans they might have for the future. Remove the 'REMOVE' part from the email addresses.

Posted

The CDA-Duct project was given to Worldcall to lay down fibre ducts in Islamabad. I think so far they've covered f-6 f-7 and f-8..and they're half way through f9 park.

Posted

Nopes its Nayatel, they have the Nayatel plastic yellow tape that they lay over the cables and then cover it with dirt. They seem to be making the DP right infront of my house. Ill talk to any Nayatel reps if they come by, so far only laborers have been around

Posted

the WC-CDA FO project is now running around F-11. They're upto F11/3. I dont expect too many great things from either.

Am happy with Nayatel atm, the 8-8 package + sunday is really cool. atleast it behaves like a dedicated connection through out the un-monitored time period.

Posted

They need a package update and lowering of prices or else some customers will start leaving them for LINKdotNET and PTCL.

Posted (edited)

^.."some customers"..... r u in those some :D

Edited by m11

Posted

^ Depends...

Posted

They need a package update and lowering of prices or else some customers will start leaving them for LINKdotNET and PTCL.

it remains to be seen if lnd (link dot net) could offer the tech support and after sales service that Micro/nayatel does.

ptcl forsure doesnt!

Posted

Even though both PTCL and LDN have released their unlimited packages, even a quick glance at their threads is enough to keep me at MBL. People getting lower speeds, and disconnections. Ive used MBL for 2+ years, im happy :D

Posted

MicroNet provide its customers with static ip address and i need to my know static ip how can i know becasue in connection setting its obtain ip address automatically.

I need this becasue i want to use port forwarding and i heard that i need to have static ip address in order to forward ports to it

Posted

MicroNet provide its customers with static ip address and i need to my know static ip how can i know becasue in connection setting its obtain ip address automatically.

I need this becasue i want to use port forwarding and i heard that i need to have static ip address in order to forward ports to it

do u have a router or r u directly coneecting with modem

if u have a router u will have to forward ports or use UPNP if u have a modem then u just need to open ports on ur computers or just turn off ur firewall

maybe if u posted what modem/router u have ppl in this forum might be able to help u

Posted

I dont know its router or modem but its name and model is as follow

Speed Tech 530 v6

Posted

Speed Tech 530 v6

ok i have researched on ur router/modem u just need to enable UPNP on ur router/modem and ur ports will be forwarded automatically

Posted

Speed Tech 530 v6

if u dont get a 512kbps downlink (if u're on that package) with this modem get the absolute latest firmware. did wonders for me

Posted (edited)

if u dont get a 512kbps downlink (if u're on that package) with this modem get the absolute latest firmware. did wonders for me

From where i can get the latest firmware and how can i install it myself without visiting the Micronet office. And how can i have the old Firmware backup so taht if i have problem i can switch back to old version.

I am getting avg speed of 45KB which is 30% less than 64KB which is a bit unfair

Edited by BillaBadmash

Posted

ok i have researched on ur router/modem u just need to enable UPNP on ur router/modem and ur ports will be forwarded automatically

u dont have to do that to forward ur port

u can forward ports by two different ways

1. by telnet

2. by interface of the router

if u want to do that by telnet

telnet ur default gateway

a.. telnet 192.168.1.254 ( default gateway )

b.. Administrator ( User Name )

c.. Blank ( Password )

d.. Menu [Enter]

e.. NAT [Enter]

f.. MapAdd [Enter]

g.. Select "intf" as Internet using Up and Down arrow keys.

h.. Out side IP should be WAN IP(Static IP) of your router.

i.. Inside IP should be IP of your system which is listening on given port.

j.. Foreign IP should be left as it is.

k.. Inside Port the one you want to forward.

l.. &

m.. Outside port should be same

Note: You should select the protocol either TCP or UDP as needed during above procedure.

Now complete the process and press OK using TAB key.

At the end

write saveall and enter

and thats it ur port is forwarded :D

Posted

if u want any help regarding the web based port forwarding

do reply on the post ;)

Posted (edited)

From where i can get the latest firmware and how can i install it myself without visiting the Micronet office. And how can i have the old Firmware backup so taht if i have problem i can switch back to old version.

I am getting avg speed of 45KB which is 30% less than 64KB which is a bit unfair

the firmware is not the problem

you will get around 45-50KB download

because there is a header of 15% that is included in the each packet you send

thats a standard so we cannot change that

then it depends on your line condition also

the copper has its own resistance due to which after removing the header+resistance

you should get a download rate between 45-50KB

Edited by aized

Posted (edited)

the firmware is not the problem

you will get around 45-50KB download

because there is a header of 15% that is included in the each packet you send

thats an ethernet standard so we cannot change that

then it depends on your line condition also

the copper has its own resistance due to which after removing the header+resistance

you should get a download rate between 45-50KB

so that means if i have 1mb link then i will ony get 90Kb instead of 128KB and my 38KB will be wasted :(

and also

what about wireless connection there will be no issue about the line condition will i get more on wireless? 50 to 55KB

Edited by BillaBadmash

Posted

on 1mb link you'll get around 90-100KB

and no medium is resistance less in this world

every medium has its own resistances

so you cannot achieve the ideal :)