Worldcall Digital Cable Lahore

102 posts in this topic

Posted

worldcall has increased their channel numbers to 80 now in lahore including 7 radio channels .they also hv started one HD channel has any body notices that broadcast english movies 1080 ratio.

Posted

Which channel is that ?

Posted

English HD 1080

Posted

That's incredible. But how one can view HD channel on a standard definition receiver and full HD 1080 content?

As far as my information there should be increment in channels here in Islamabad too cauz worldcall says that the digital channels are coming from lahore directly. So i am worried why there is no change here. Probably a new frequency is added and they haven't done here. I wait and update guys in Islamabad.

@Aleena

Can you provide complete list of digital channels of worldcall in lahore? It would be easy for everybody to compare as I have made a seperate topic for list of digital channels of worldcall in Islamabad. I am having access to worldcall digital channels here in Islamabad and as i already mentioned channels here are coming directly from lahore via fibre, so it would give me better understanding of what's happening in lahore and here in Islamabad at the same time.

Posted

my tv do not support hd content so i only get its audio without picture .here is complete list of tv and radio channels provided by world call in lahore

Radio Channels

FM Gold

Air Hindi

Humara Fm

BBC English

BBC Europe

TV channels

IQ Channel

geo news

hum tv

star plus

star gold

sony

set max

zoom

music india

9xm

colors

super sports 2

super sports 3

show sports 4

star cricket

extreme sports

fox sports

mnet

mnet series

mm1

mm2

mnet action

show series

show movies kids

mbc action

osn comedy

show movies action

mbc 2

cinma city

mgm

lotus

tcm

america plus

1080 HD english

universal

bbc living

bbc entertainment

bbc lift style

e

national geographic

discovery science

discovery channel

animal planet

discovery travel

history channel

fox history

reality tv

cnn

euronews

bloomberg

sky news

fox news

cctv 9

al jazeera

bbc

melody hits

mtv

yrace

v

mtv arabia

fashion tv russia

9x

jimjam

hadi tv

wikkid plus

bloomrang

disny

disny xd

business plus

Posted

nice..

Posted

Thanx Aleena for the list.

Then there should be an increment here in Isb too. As far as HD content is concern, how can they offer without providing HD receivers? You can only hear sound of a HD channel on standard receiver if it broadcasts in MPEG-2 Stereo format, but most of the HD channels have MPEG-4 AC3 5.1 format so no sound and picture on a standard definition receiver. But anyway it is great if they are offering such content on a Pakistani cable network :D

Posted (edited)

Thanx so much Aleena. List is what i expected the same and just the HD channel you are talking about is not yet coming here. But it's nice to see an HD channel in Pakistan. You are right there may be your tv is not supporting it's video cauz an ordinary tv can omit 625 lines to make a picture however an HD ready tv can omit 720 or 1080 full HD lines to make a sharper and crisp picture. So an HD picture is about 4 times better than an ordinary standard definition picture. So it's obvious that you are only receiving audio. But the mystery is still there that how worldcall has managed to put an HD channel in their lineup and it's working on standard chinese coship receiver. You probably would have noticed mm1 and mnet channel on your tv and you can see how much sharper their picture is and you can imagine what happens when you would be watching an HD picture. Exciting stuff!

Update for Islamabad that Mnet Series has been replaced by fox series a free to air channel from arabsat. Shuak you might know about it as it's other channel fox movies was airing on suntv a month back.Natgeo is gone too alongwith disney xd.

List that Aleena mentioned earlier is the same apart from the channels which are removed are replaced by others here in Islamabad.

Edited by Santa Cruz

Posted (edited)

these channels are also removed here in lahore....

i am not using coship receiver...i hv koan one which they provided in start ....

Edited by Aleena

Posted

So it's exactly the same then.

Kaon is a korean company and this receiver was provided by suntv here in Islamabad. However worldcall here has provided us coship a pure chinese brand and exactly like chinese raw silk it's getting expensive and expensive. I doubt might be there is a case of different receivers.

Aleena can you notify me the frequency at which this HD channel is coming? Normally worldcall is using 738 to 794 (8 frequencies) for their channels and they are giving a total of 68 channels. You are probably counting the removed channels as well cauz i have a kaon receiver and it keeps a channel in list if it's even removed from the back unless you remove it yourself. However in my coship receiver this does not happens, as the receiver removes the channel automatically and adds the new one itself and i never even bothered to search for the channels. That is the difference i guess and channels are same.

Posted

its on 738

there is no channel on 794 here in lhr

Posted

nops. I guess it's probably the coship thing that's preventing here. I have been using kaon receiver for last five years and it's a nice user friendly device. I will ask worldcall here about it. Do you have any contact of wordcall headend in lhr where the whole setup is placed and where the technical guys are managing this system. Technical guys can provide better info about this new HD channel rather than those on front desks. Here in Islamabad they don't seem to have much info as the system is placed in lhr.

One more question are you receiving electronic programme guide? I saw a glimpse of it for few days on trace tv and still worried that why epg isn't made available even on channels which are providing from back such as DSTV channels.

Posted

Info time: Guys fast and furious 4 is premiering on mnet tomorrow at 11 pm.

Supernatural season 5 is coming this may on mnet action and america plus.

Lost final season is airing on mnet series on mondays and on show series as well.

Posted

there is no epg here as well....there main office is in gulberg 3 in front of ufone office where they had all their setup...i will let u know their contacts soon as i dont hv any right now....

Posted

set max replaced with filmy...crap man

Posted

Star Cricket replaced with utv movies action and super sports channels back....enjoying add free matches on super sports since few days

Posted

Star Cricket replaced with utv movies action and super sports channels back....enjoying add free matches on super sports since few days

Posted

Yup at last supersport is back a sigh of relief but sad news that after 31st May whole bouquet of DSTV channels will be disconnected from current satellite i.e C-Band to Ku-Band W7 Satellite. Dstv has started advertising this notification on their channels to their current subscribers and some people who were calling it as a rumour are proven wrong and it's really happening. So you can expect alot of channels going and coming in in coming days as channels are going off the air one by one. Already mm2 and mnet series have departed. Let's see how these cable guys especially worldcall figures out a way to get signal. Suntv are saying that they will go for south african package and there is no worry, i don't no what they think of themselves. However people will miss supersport specially and let's see what happens.

I was going through arabian forums and I found out alot of people upset on this move by DSTV. They are saying that it's probably a strategy by orbit showtime network as most of the middle east people are probably dissatisfied from orbit network. They are even planning that someone stream these channels from south africa for them on a high speed internet. Many countries around middle east and europe were getting Dstv C-Band signal and enjoying every bit of it but after 31st May prospects are that almost everyone will not be able to receive it. Let's see!

Posted

Yup at last supersport is back a sigh of relief but sad news that after 31st May whole bouquet of DSTV channels will be disconnected from current satellite i.e C-Band to Ku-Band W7 Satellite. Dstv has started advertising this notification on their channels to their current subscribers and some people who were calling it as a rumour are proven wrong and it's really happening. So you can expect alot of channels going and coming in in coming days as channels are going off the air one by one. Already mm2 and mnet series have departed. Let's see how these cable guys especially worldcall figures out a way to get signal. Suntv are saying that they will go for south african package and there is no worry, i don't no what they think of themselves. However people will miss supersport specially and let's see what happens.

I was going through arabian forums and I found out alot of people upset on this move by DSTV. They are saying that it's probably a strategy by orbit showtime network as most of the middle east people are probably dissatisfied from orbit network. They are even planning that someone stream these channels from south africa for them on a high speed internet. Many countries around middle east and europe were getting Dstv C-Band signal and enjoying every bit of it but after 31st May prospects are that almost everyone will not be able to receive it. Let's see!

Posted

@ how sun tv will get African package ????

and on which channel they showing they going off air on c band ?///

Posted

@ how sun tv will get African package ????

and on which channel they showing they going off air on c band ?///

Posted (edited)

I have no idea how they will get it. But if they do it would be great.

Almost all of them. I have seen on mnet, reality, mnet action etc....Probably in two or three days this would be notified almost throughout the day. I was watching Pakistan match on SS2 and I saw myself SS2 first started scrambling then it's screen got blank and after sometime voilins started playing in the background. Worldcall technician reset that receiver, searched for channels again but he wasn't able to find SS2 in the whole list and after one or two hours later what he found it was in the radio list and kept on playing background music. I kept on laughing for a while on this situation but anyway it's gone now and after 31st it would be completely off.

The reason why Dstv is telling it's current subscribers to convert to W7 satellite to avail new channels and wide range of services alongwith new HD channels to maximize their viewing experience. See urself here http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/mcafrica36.html.

Edited by Santa Cruz

Posted (edited)

I have no idea how they will get it. But if they do it would be great.

Almost all of them. I have seen on mnet, reality, mnet action etc....Probably in two or three days this would be notified almost throughout the day. I was watching Pakistan match on SS2 and I saw myself SS2 first started scrambling then it's screen got blank and after sometime voilins started playing in the background. Worldcall technician reset that receiver, searched for channels again but he wasn't able to find SS2 in the whole list and after one or two hours later what he found it was in the radio list and kept on playing background music. I kept on laughing for a while on this situation but anyway it's gone now and after 31st it would be completely off.

The reason why Dstv is telling it's current subscribers to convert to W7 satellite to avail new channels and wide range of services alongwith new HD channels to maximize their viewing experience. See urself here http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/mcafrica36.html.

Edited by Santa Cruz

Posted

There is no way any one can get KU band signal of W7 satellite even in Middle East. Whatever cable walas and Sun TV people say, all lies, never believe them. Here is a proof, see the coverage area of that satellite (click on "Sub Sahara African beam") hardly covering the whole Africa.

http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/36e-w7_popd.html#

Only way is through streaming. Lets see what happens.

Posted

There is no way any one can get KU band signal of W7 satellite even in Middle East. Whatever cable walas and Sun TV people say, all lies, never believe them. Here is a proof, see the coverage area of that satellite (click on "Sub Sahara African beam") hardly covering the whole Africa.

http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/36e-w7_popd.html#

Only way is through streaming. Lets see what happens.