Can we watch Cricket World Cup 2011 on HD in PAKISTAN?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Can someone please give me details of this dreambox 800...Im also looking to get Hd channels..Please tell me what stuff i will need and some examples of HD channels i will be getting...thanks

Posted

Hey guys i found this kinda interesting. chk it out :)

Watching ICC World Cup will be more interesting for cricket lovers as now they can enjoy the matches without being bothered by the advertisements. In the wake of making Cricket viewing interesting, few offerings under channel packages are coming with exciting offers for the first time. Now users can get rid of commercials by paying a big amount and also wear the hat of umpire by analyzing the match without any interruption of ads.

DTH providers are offering exciting packages for users which will enable them to watch the full match without any break. In this run, DTH giant Tata Sky Ltd. is providing Active Sports for HD viewers in which they can watch the match with their favorite angels. They can add more fun by changing the language to Hindi, English, Gujarati, Bangla and hear the commentary too in the language of their choice. Tata Sky Ltd. is also providing value added services through the set-top-box enabled with High Definition Personal Video Recorder (HDPVR).

Read more at:

http://www.mediamughals.com/News/1/1/Article/6896/Now_watch_the_ICC_World_Cup_without_commercials.htm

Posted

^Thanx. But this thread specifies HD viewing possibilities here.

Posted

yes may be but its difficult to tell.

Posted

The best and most convinient way to watch whole commercial free world cup in HD is to go 4 Dish TV tru HD pack...I have been enjoying this since starting.Cost to be incurred:

Dish Tru HD Decoder + HD LNB + 4 Feet Dish = 12,500 (with free 2 month Platinum package)

700 Rupees per month for 30 HD Channels PAck.

Infact I ve seen the quality on Cric One and TATA sky digital too, but the Dish TV quallity is far too strong and hassle free with no delays and signal issues.

Posted

The best and most convinient way to watch whole commercial free world cup in HD is to go 4 Dish TV tru HD pack...I have been enjoying this since starting.Cost to be incurred:

Dish Tru HD Decoder + HD LNB + 4 Feet Dish = 12,500 (with free 2 month Platinum package)

Infact I ve seen the quality on Cric One and TATA sky digital too, but the Dish TV quallity is far too strong and hassle free with no delays and signal issues.

Nice dude, I'm pretty pissed off at my cable guy right now, he's ruined the World Cup for me. Can you tell me where you bought the dish tv HD decoder? And are the 30 channels just the HD channels + all the other SD channels or is it 30 channels in total?

Posted

Im also looking forward to buying this pack however im concerned about the quality of channels, i know it does say 1080i HD but is the quality really like 1080i tv series/movies we download from internet or it is just upscaled versions of normal channels?

Posted

nice information

Posted

Cric One has the rights of 2011 WC for Middle East which is available on Pehla (ADD) package. So yea OSN will not be showing this event.

Regarding Indian channels, they'll surely have atleast one HD channels for WC. right now Dish TV has Ten Cricket in HD, Tata Sky has Neo Cricket in HD, Airtel has ESPN in HD which they'll switch to the channel showing WC when it starts.

frnds to watch HD channels

you need any HD STB like.. Tata sky+ HD, Dish TruHD, SunHD etc..

main thing you need LCD or LED with 1080P resolution which is full HDTV

not 720p which is HD ready..

I'm enjoying on My LG Infinia LED really stadium experience

Posted

Im also looking forward to buying this pack however im concerned about the quality of channels, i know it does say 1080i HD but is the quality really like 1080i tv series/movies we download from internet or it is just upscaled versions of normal channels?

frnd 1080i uplink are separates there is no difference in tata sky +HD and Dish truHD Picture quality both are same..

you need LCD or LED with 1080i resolution

Posted

main thing you need LCD or LED with 1080P resolution which is full HDTV

not 720p which is HD ready..

You don't say...

Btw, today I went to Hall Road to look for Dish TV HD. No one had it, they said it would take a week to get them. One had Airtel HD available but I know nothing about that. Another fool asked for 22000. Lol.

Posted (edited)

^ well it is nice to hear that the quality is good so will give it a try.

@ rizla i went to hall rd and got a setup price of 12500 a month back and yesterday i messaged 2 persons selling it (got from olx lahore) thye quoted me 12000 (with 3 months free subscription) and 18000 respectively. Can give you numbers if you like.

Edited by shakeeb

Posted

You don't say...

yar agar tumhe apne Flat tv pe hi match dekhna h to HD STB ki jarurat nai..

Dish tv basic stb uske liye perfect hai..

If u have HDTV then you need to buy HD stb which give 16:9 aspect ratio and 1080p for ur Screen.....

Posted (edited)

rizla its not that expensive... you need to contact some reliable source.Its not more than 11,000Rs(am talking about HD dishtv).The one who quoted 22,000 seems to me a complete hard nut :D You should have told him that in 22,000Rs I can buy a PVR dreambox 800 HD instead of dishtv :D

Edited by koder

Posted

^ well it is nice to hear that the quality is good so will give it a try.

@ rizla i went to hall rd and got a setup price of 12500 a month back and yesterday i messaged 2 persons selling it (got from olx lahore) thye quoted me 12000 (with 3 months free subscription) and 18000 respectively. Can give you numbers if you like.

I'd appreciate that...you can PM me. And I suppose the exorbitant price on Hall Road was due to the fact it was short, they all said they would get more in on Monday so I will check there again this week.

Posted

It is very hot question and I loved

Posted

Hi,

Mashood could you kindly give me the number for the guy u got it from...thanks

Posted

ok so if i buy dish tru HD than what would be the monthly charges for platinum package + 30 HD channel package ??

Posted (edited)

I'd appreciate that...you can PM me. And I suppose the exorbitant price on Hall Road was due to the fact it was short, they all said they would get more in on Monday so I will check there again this week.

Well here are the numbers check it 0321 49 934 44 & 0323 44 55 595

U can check them sorry i don't remember their names.

For more options you can visit this place

http://www.olx.com.pk/searchpages.php?userSearch=1&searchbox=dish+tv&section=185&o=69&nq=%7C%7C%7C%7C&p=1

Edited by shakeeb

Posted

@ Rizla & Shakeeb: Its getting more cheaper now.If you are living in Karachi I can give you the contact number for this giant dealer sitting in the market and have also good links in India for package switching and subscription purposes.The normal package comes with Dish TV Tru HD pack is 'Platinum' for 2 months (which is free).If you want to avail 'HD LA Carte' pack they will add these 30 HD channels over and above your current package.Also 1 important thing.Currently there are two LNBs available fo Dish TV in the market.One is single point normal LNB and other one is 'Mono Block' LNB which searches 308 channels including HD 1080i enabled signals.Dish TV is giving free replacement in India but in Pakistan dealers are selling around 2000 - 2700 Rs range.

Posted

The quality for movies channels are excellent like Movies Now, WB HD, PIX HD, HBO HD, UTV Movies HD.

Posted (edited)

what is monthly charges for Dishtv?

and what size of dish requires ?

also plz tell me what is the easiest way of pay bills?

Edited by armada

Posted

@ Rizla & Shakeeb: Its getting more cheaper now.If you are living in Karachi I can give you the contact number for this giant dealer sitting in the market and have also good links in India for package switching and subscription purposes.The normal package comes with Dish TV Tru HD pack is 'Platinum' for 2 months (which is free).If you want to avail 'HD LA Carte' pack they will add these 30 HD channels over and above your current package.Also 1 important thing.Currently there are two LNBs available fo Dish TV in the market.One is single point normal LNB and other one is 'Mono Block' LNB which searches 308 channels including HD 1080i enabled signals.Dish TV is giving free replacement in India but in Pakistan dealers are selling around 2000 - 2700 Rs range.

Thanks man kindly give me his number i well try to have some idea because these lahore hall rd dealers are crazy as hell. Firstly truHD is short in market and secondly they are quoting crazy rates like Rs.17000 for monoblack lnb. They even told me monthy rate of 30channels hd of Rs.1200/mth claiming that in india rate is 650 indian rupees which is clearly not true if someone checks their website.