3G in Pakistan ? when :(

138 posts in this topic

Posted

when people tired enough of using sms

Posted

@ NextAge College

stupid! post only once and in the proper category.

Posted

Aren't we skipping the 3G for 4G (LTE). :-/

Posted

3G is now dream for pakistanis but PTA and operators lunch day by day new SMS package incares Tax and help line rs 2+tax

Posted (edited)

Man i'm fedup with these ppl now...The worst 4yrs of I.T stone age. What are they doing..??? I say the earlier the better..if they aint gonna introduce 3G now then when 4G and DTH kinda things gonna come in our country..We are far behind now at the moment. Lets take India for example....was watching TV yestarday and Vidcon has introduced 3.D HD d2h services. check it out here

Edited by Mazahyr

Posted

Babar Awan appointed as minister of IT :)

3G is here now, Since when people from law has anything to do with IT industry ?

We will have new packages with according to 19 amendments now :) If you here of Bhutto package, Don't be amazed. :/

Posted

The reason why there is no 3G in Pakistan..

The government does not wants us to get fired :P

Imran likes this

Posted

Wondering When 3G will come to Pakistan? Here's your answer:

"When I got my Nokia N70 back in 2007, I always wondered what was the point of the front facing camera. On the brochure I received with the cellphone, “Make video calls with your new Nokia N70″ was written in bright colorful letters. Below the colorful letters in very small bold letters, a disclaimer was written that the video call service requires 3G networks. At that point, I decided to contact Telenor Pakistan and ask them when will they be switching over to 3rd generation networks. I got a reply from a representative that currently there are no plans but it looks quite likely in the near future...."

Continued at: Wondering When 3G will come to Pakistan? Here's your answer.

Posted (edited)

..edited....

Edited by dogarsahab

Posted

When current Data plans for GPRS/EDGE are so high how will you think that mobile internet penetration will improve?

We need to have a better mobile Internet penetration first to create a market for high speed mobile data network.

Posted

There are allot more impotent things we need than this 3G now leave this fcukin sh!t and come out for Electricity..

If we have 220V current 24x7 than everything will be alright no inflation no frustration and second most is rid off terrorism

Posted

There are allot more impotent things we need than this 3G now leave this fcukin sh!t and come out for Electricity..

If we have 220V current 24x7 than everything will be alright no inflation no frustration and second most is rid off terrorism

x2

Posted

Cellular companies are already earning a lot with 2G technologies here in Pakistan, whats the need to go after 3G and 4G wireless technologies, as the main requirements of people here is just calling or sending sms....

Posted

If the reason of not introducing 3G/4G in Pakistan is skype and other related apps that allow user to bypass network's facility to call/sms then why don't they simply restrict the usage of those apps and welcome 3G/4G?

Skype for iPhone banned by carriers in US, Europe

Posted

Mobilink is upgrading its network in Lahore. They are installing new 3G network carriers on their towers. I am not sure if it is for cellular purpose or for Mobilink Infinity.

nab likes this

Posted

hmm,,, Zzzzzzz.

wake me up, when the new decade starts,

coz in Pakistan tech are released decade wise

and we are living in the decade of 2G

Posted

when it gonna come

"When Donkeys can fly?"

It basically means its something nearly impossible.

Posted

LOL! 3G is not a revolutionary technology by any stretch of imagination. They should jump directly to 4G and onward instead of making a brouhaha over 3G. :rolleyes:

2/2.5/3G, Wimax, EVO, etc networks can all be amalgamated under the 4G umbrella.

Posted

LOL! 3G is not a revolutionary technology by any stretch of imagination. They should jump directly to 4G and onward instead of making a brouhaha over 3G. :rolleyes:

2/2.5/3G, Wimax, EVO, etc networks can all be amalgamated under the 4G umbrella.

I wish dreams come true.

People are hungry for it.

Posted (edited)

Looks like it's not so simple:

"..The recently approved 3G policy’s main purpose is to hold the licence auction and raise Rs75 billion by February 2012 for budget financing. However, it is still not clear when the service will be launched.

Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani earlier this week approved a recommendation of a special cabinet panel on 3G licence auction. The committee’s out-of-the-box solution will invite existing and new players to participate in the auction although new entrants will be barred to provide 3G services before March 2013.

However, the glitch is that under an agreement with the Etisalat – 26% shareholder of Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited – the government cannot auction a new spectrum until March 2013......"

Continue Reading: 3G technology: All set for Rs75b auction, launch date unknown

Edited by nab

Posted

And 4G will come in 2025 ?

No no!! Of course not! It'll come in 2100!!