PTCL AN1020-25 DSL Settings?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Have tried a couple of ways found on the internet. but they didn't work.

Currently HG510a is working good on Bridge mode - I did a reset once and do not know the settings for PPPoE, didn't even try to search for it because it's working on Bridge mode.

But AN1020-25 is not getting online.

Any help?

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Have tried a couple of ways found on the internet. but they didn't work.

Currently HG510a is working good on Bridge mode - I did a reset once and do not know the settings for PPPoE, didn't even try to search for it because it's working on Bridge mode.

But AN1020-25 is not getting online.

Any help?

Thanks

Okay, First reset the router by pressing the reset key on the backside. Then connect the admin panel,

admin/admin

now you will have 4 WAN interfaces select 0/8/81 in case of ONU Line or 0/0/103 in case of Copper Line, delete all the others, now edit the Wan Interface by following the below image (Alternatively you can also make new Wan interface if you don't want to reset):

guide.png

Save/Reboot!

Edited by MZC
1 person likes this

Posted

@MZC

thanks and sorry for the late response.

well I was trying with the 0/0/103 earlier as I only found about this one on the net.

I tried now with 0/8/81 as the line is on ONU. but unfortunately it still didn't work after following as illustrated above.

BTW what to use in username and password?

I used the phone number as username and "ptcl"(tried in caps and small letters) as password

Posted

@MZC

thanks and sorry for the late response.

well I was trying with the 0/0/103 earlier as I only found about this one on the net.

I tried now with 0/8/81 as the line is on ONU. but unfortunately it still didn't work after following as illustrated above.

BTW what to use in username and password?

I used the phone number as username and "ptcl"(tried in caps and small letters) as password

Are you getting the Authentication error message or PPP Down in the Wan Status?

Posted

@MZC

It's "down" under WAN Status

and on the CPE

ADSL indicates w/ a yellow light

and Internet is Red

Posted

@armada

thanks....

have done those things. Told u already

Posted

@MZC

It's "down" under WAN Status

and on the CPE

ADSL indicates w/ a yellow light

and Internet is Red

Did you tried making a dialup PPPoE connection with this router? and Yellow light?? strange!!! you mean green? there is no yellow light in the modem, only greens and red!

Posted

Oh of course green, I always call them yellow.. may be color blind me o.O

And no I don't remember if I've made any dial up PPPoE connection. didn't play with it any ways. Just got some references from Google/Youtube, only tried them and the one you told above

Bro got this modem from a friend, I believe it's not new. But won't resetting the modem have vanished those settings completely if have set any time before?

Posted

Oh of course green, I always call them yellow.. may be color blind me o.O

And no I don't remember if I've made any dial up PPPoE connection. didn't play with it any ways. Just got some references from Google/Youtube, only tried them and the one you told above

Bro got this modem from a friend, I believe it's not new. But won't resetting the modem have vanished those settings completely if have set any time before?

Okay the PPPoE dialup connection is made in the Windows (or other OS) not in the modem where you dial via Windows application, its called bridging sometimes :unsure: If the DSL light is on, which means the modem is syncing but can't dial.

Posted

It's ages ago I would have made any dial up connection.

Okay leave the computer away after setting up the modem with preferred settings for the DSL.

Now the telephone line is in the modem and the power is up. No computer is connected.

Modem should be working and showing the green lights if connected to ISP successfully.

Not sure where the Windows dialup should interfere at this stage?

As I said the PPPoE was setup on modem as illustrated above, never set it to "bridge" hence never set the PPPoE on Windows

And not sure where my last post has gone - I mentioned about some corrections. and asked some thing. any ways

Actually the WAN status was as "Authentication Failure" when last time I noted.

And wanted to ask about the username and password if they are correct as I said I used?

Because when I noted the values before resetting the modem, the friend of my bro has set it up with some manual name as a username and not the number as I am using. what's that?

Posted

For username and password dial 1236 select Broadband and ask them :) Tell them you reset the modem and don't know what are the values, or check your modem box they sometimes write credentials on it.

Posted

Calling helpline is always the last part for me :-/

Won't the number work as username? Noticed that most, in fact, all of what I got on the net were using and telling to use phone number as username... and "ptcl" as password...

and on the box there is also a number written, which is of that friend.

Any ways. talked to the line man or the man from exchange and the same he advised to do in a long one by one instruction (bothered me) as I have done the same quite a few times. but sure he also told to use 8/81. told me to wait after setting up as Internet green light will come up after a few minutes. never came though.

Will see how it get fixed. or may be the only option to confirm the username/password

Posted

any one guide me how to use PTCL Wifi Modem AN1020-25 work as router

mean how to share Lan & wireless devices at same modom

Posted

like Aztech DSL605EW DSL605EU its work as a modem and router same time

Posted

like Aztech DSL605EW DSL605EU its work as a modem and router same time

PTCL wifi modem IP 192.168.1.1 my PC on line1 IP 192.168.1.4 wireless Laptop IP 192.168.1.10

internet is working both PC & Laptop

but intranet/ Sharing/ ping is not wotking between 192.168.1.4 & 192.168.1.10

Posted (edited)

my neighbor has asked me to share internet connection but we both are dumb in networking :D

Now we have connected an cable in Lan port 2 to his laptop and he is try opening webpages but its seems not working what settings would required at his side? or we have to buy router switch ect ect? plz help

Edited by armada

Posted

When transfering data between my laptop and smart phone (both connected to my AN1025-25), i get a max rate of 1.0 Mbps. However when I attempt the same transfer directly by turning the laptop into a wifi router (using Connectify), the trasfer rate goes to around 6.0 Mbps. The AN1025-25 is supposed to support data transfer rate of up to 54.0 Mbps. Then why am I getting a slow rate between devices and what can I do to increase this without losing the internet functionality?

Posted

guyz did u found any solution to this red light problem?

Posted

salam guys....
i was trying to update my modem's software and during that i just bricked that.... can anyone have its firmware ??
ptcl router an1020-25 firmware

i will be very thankful to you...