• Announcements

• Intermittent usage issues   08/31/2015

If you are experiencing intermittent issues with using the website, do the following: Clear your browser cache.Clear your browser cookies, especially all those relating to this website.Login again and use as normal.If issues still persist, update your web browser to its latest version and try again.

HP authorized repair/service center

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone have any experience with getting repair work done on HP notebooks in Islamabad?

I found the following info on this link for HP authorized service centers in Pakistan:

Compsi Pvt Ltd

Tel: +92 42 583 3330 2

+92 42 586 0051

+92 42 586 0057

Mushko Electronics Pvt Ltd

Tel: +92 21 566 0771

+92 21 566 0773

+92 21 566 0490

New Horizon Computer

Tel: +9221-111484357

Roma Computers Pte Ltd

Tel: +92 21 455 0781

+92 21 455 1622

Any one here have any experience with any of them? How was the comparative cost of repair, service and turnaround time?

Posted

May I know what kind of problem you need to get fixed?

Is it a warranty claim?

Posted

Non-warranty repair on HP DV6 laptop. The back-plate (plastic) on the underside of the body is cracked and needs to be replaced.

Posted

I doubt you can get such a part from a service center in Pakistan. Any laptop repair shop in Dubai plaza might be a lucky place.

I have a dead DV 2000 laptop, not sure if it has same plastic part you are looking for.

Posted

I doubt you can get such a part from a service center in Pakistan. Any laptop repair shop in Dubai plaza might be a lucky place.

I have a dead DV 2000 laptop, not sure if it has same plastic part you are looking for.

I don't want to get the part to fix it myself. There are some issue with the LCD hinge cover too so it needs to be fixed by some trained technician. An authorized service/repair company should be able to get parts from HP directly. The product is still under warranty but I doubt this damage is covered under it. I want to use the proper repair channel but don't know which one is the better option from those listed in the OP.

Posted (edited)

any of the centers, you listed, should accept your repair request. and yes they get the parts from manufacturers.

I believe the Mushko was respected in that regard (if I remember older posts on WP about warranty claim or repair request).

And paid repair requests would be initiated sooner than the warranty claim.

BTW if you are not sure about its warranty then read your warranty detail. Breakage might also be covered in warranties if the cost of the laptop includes accidental breakage insurance cost. But this is normally used to be an optional extension when you get a customized laptop. If you purchased the laptop from local market, there would be rare chances that it would be covered in warranty.

(I just heard that now a days these local authorized service centers in Pakistan are not being honored by the manufacturers due to their fraudulent activities of requesting repair charges from customers and in against initiating warranty claims for fake service tags to receive product parts for free of cost)

Edited by KA

Posted

Thanks for the info.

(I just heard that now a days these local authorized service centers in Pakistan are not being honored by the manufacturers due to their fraudulent activities of requesting repair charges from customers and in against initiating warranty claims for fake service tags to receive product parts for free of cost)

That sucks! These are listed on HP's website and there is no way to access any info regarding a repair center's back-end supply issues.

Posted

^ They don't usually have such issues with their supply.

Manufacturers do it quickly, they just require a valid service tag from the service centers to verify the warranty period of the product. And ship the needed parts which are covered within the warranty

The delay mostly is made from these irresponsible service centers just to make customers uncomfortable. (Mushko, as I remember, were the ones who accepted and processed the request sooner according to the user on WP)

Posted

Sent off an email to all four. Will update on how they respond.

Posted

Already getting read receipts from New Horizon. :huh:

Posted

Just talk to HP online support and theyll be able to guide you better on what your options are.

Posted

Got contacted by New Horizon yesterday morning via email. They refused to do any repair work and/or replacement. Still no replies from the other three.

Posted

Thanks Asad.. Nice information...

Posted

Got contacted by New Horizon yesterday morning via email. They refused to do any repair work and/or replacement. Still no replies from the other three.

Any luck getting the required part from these authorized service centers ? I am asking because I need a motherboard for a HP notebook, or should I buy directly from ebay ?

Posted

Nope. These damn HP reps here in Pakistan did nothing to help me. My email got no response at all from Mushko, Compsi and Roma. New Horizon just contacted me to say they don't do repairs. The reply I sent back garnered no further response.

I am thinking about contacting HP directly and informing them of the fiasco this has been and to ask them that the part be shipped to me directly. Meanwhile, I got a DIY mod done to fix the issue.

In all, go with Ebay. You will at least get an actual helpful email response from the seller there. :rolleyes:

Posted

I am thinking about contacting HP directly and informing them of the fiasco this has been and to ask them that the part be shipped to me directly. Meanwhile, I got a DIY mod done to fix the issue.

That might contribute to improvement in services by our local distributors/service centers.

In all, go with Ebay. You will at least get an actual helpful email response from the seller there. :rolleyes:

I am searching and contacting sellers now :)

Posted

Well I got a positive response from New Horizon last year. They replaced my LCD in 30 mins, while Mushko was asking to give the laptop to them for 4-8 weeks!

I posted the thread here:

Posted

Dear fellaws I finally got a problem with my 4-5months old(under warranty) netbook. The issue is that screen gets pink-out...Upon tilting it to various angles can bring back the image to it's normal condition. The issue seems to be of a faulty or malfunctioned video cable/ribbon. I've googled it and came to know that it is at times a common and easy to trouble-shoot issue.

Now since my netbook is under warranty I want to know where will it be done in Lahore. And how much will they charge. Apparently its a manufacturing fault and I don't want to spend even a penny. Kindly share your experiences, and that too quick.

Posted

Dear fellaws I finally got a problem with my 4-5months old(under warranty) netbook. The issue is that screen gets pink-out...Upon tilting it to various angles can bring back the image to it's normal condition. The issue seems to be of a faulty or malfunctioned video cable/ribbon. I've googled it and came to know that it is at times a common and easy to trouble-shoot issue.

Now since my netbook is under warranty I want to know where will it be done in Lahore. And how much will they charge. Apparently its a manufacturing fault and I don't want to spend even a penny. Kindly share your experiences, and that too quick.

BUMP!!!

Posted

Check if Mushko has an office in Lahore.

Posted

Use the yellow hue software to fix your pink hue.. yellow plus pink = white?

Kidding, if you have bought the laptop from Pakistan you can always go back to the retailer and ask them how you can claim the warranty, otherwise try the contacts on your warranty card. If it is bought form Pakistan I don't think there would be any charges. If you are willing to travel, I remember there used to be an official HP shop in barkat market Garden Town (opp. KFC).

Posted

Use the yellow hue software to fix your pink hue.. yellow plus pink = white?

Kidding, if you have bought the laptop from Pakistan you can always go back to the retailer and ask them how you can claim the warranty, otherwise try the contacts on your warranty card. If it is bought form Pakistan I don't think there would be any charges. If you are willing to travel, I remember there used to be an official HP shop in barkat market Garden Town (opp. KFC).

lolx at the suggestion and funny thing is that I use that F.lux software for lesser eye strains...I also have a vague idea about that location opp. to KFC..And will definitely check with the retailer..Bought it here in PK. I think its somewhere close to hafeez-center.

Just a bit conscious about the usual rip-off by these service centers do. Even though things are in warranty they still ask or say "oh that part isn't under warranty but still we did it for you" so plz pay 3K...annoys me alot...

Posted

I use F.lux as well :D works great for late night surfing. Well I had a HP DV9000 from abroad and I asked that barket market place and they said they only do services for laptops under warranty that are bought in Pakistan. Again try the place where you got the Laptop from.. or maybe they will just ignore you for being paranoid over the pink hue.

Posted

The only issue pertaining at the moment is this Pink/white thingy appears at times so frequent that it won't get fixed even by tilting it. And at times it works perfectly fine. So the issue is that if i take it to the service center and it won't show the fault I'll get screwed...!