Difference in Mobile cameras

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Dear Friends;

I have BlackBerry 8900 having camera 3.2MP. I have noticed that quality of my camera is much higher as compare with 5MP camera of Nokia mobile. I could not understand about this as according to me, the picture quality would be much better with increasing MPs of camera but here is the invert.

Can any body clear my point?

Posted (edited)

Megapixels are the size of the image, not the quality...Good quality lenses are what give you crisp images, even with less megapixels

Edited by armada

Posted

Guess what? quality does not depend on quantity in general. Nokia uses ridiculously shitty cam equipment almost all the time. Even Chinese copies produce better images in some cases.

Posted

Quality of a digital camera depends on many factors then just megapixel. You can read more about it at wikipedia.

For real life, always compare images before buying a camera (or a phone). Never rely on marketing gimmick like "it has sh*t-ton of megapixels). Always see the results before buying the hardware.

1 person likes this

Posted

Guess what? quality does not depend on quantity in general. Nokia uses ridiculously shitty cam equipment almost all the time. Even Chinese copies produce better images in some cases.

I disagree with you there. I've used many Nokias, and i can honestly say most of them had decent cameras. And some of them totally owned SE-cybershots & others.

You shouldn't call a whole company bad due to a few products. Every company produces both crap & awesome phones.

Posted

I disagree with you there. I've used many Nokias, and i can honestly say most of them had decent cameras. And some of them totally owned SE-cybershots & others.

You shouldn't call a whole company bad due to a few products. Every company produces both crap & awesome phones.

hawkar is saying Right

I always surpriced by the better image quality in samsung phones when they compared to Nokias and then I found out that Nokia is using cheap lenses

Posted (edited)

In some newer models Nokia has been saving money and including some really low quality lenses. Specially in E Series and in the budget S40 series. My Samsung Corby took better pictures as compared to top of the line E71.

Regarding the OP question, then picture quality is dependant on a lot of factors and not just megapixels. Google for the megapixel myth and you'll find quite a few relevant articles.

Edited by rnathbatra

Posted

Megapixels are the size of the image, not the quality...Good quality lenses are what give you crisp images, even with less megapixels

+1

Lenses + Sensors + A few other things...

I have never been a big fan of phones with cameras. Good news is, there is finally a hope for a camera with phone http://www.polaroid.com/en/sc1630

So, if the photo quality matters, that should be the way to go in future!

Posted

Nokia C7 has incredeble camera 8mp especialy when you recording in HD mood.

Posted

The megapixel stuff is normally used to make people fool. I guess a 2.0MP camera is suitable for most of people. Mobile Camera are mostly crap and are/will never be substitue of a Camera, if you really love taking snaps and have a good budget buy DSLR cam. :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

lolzzz

dslr cameras aren't for to take high quality pictures actually they are for to give more realistic effects in your shots with manual controls over the camera and with multiple selections of lenses

point and shot cameras from cybershot or any of canon series can take same high quality images as like dslr takes if the sensor is same in both but in these cams everything is prefixed like shutter speed , focal lenghts , expouser settings ISO and focusing which are not really nesessery for normal use

so you don't need to jump from phone camera to dslr for to take high quality images as mzc networks saying

Edited by armada

Posted

point and shoot guns, and point and shoot camera, all are meant for use by masses. :)

You dont have to be a pro to handle them.

However, some camera softwares can help you capture better images than those of stock camera app.

Posted

lolzzz

dslr cameras aren't for to take high quality pictures actually they are for to give more realistic effects in your shots with manual controls over the camera and with multiple selections of lenses

point and shot cameras from cybershot or any of canon series can take same high quality images as like dslr takes if the sensor is same in both but in these cams everything is prefixed like shutter speed , focal lenghts , expouser settings ISO and focusing which are not really nesessery for normal use

so you don't need to jump from phone camera to dslr for to take high quality images as mzc networks saying

I guess you didn't read my post c a r e f u l l y , as it says if you really love taking snaps and have a good budget buy DSLR cam, does it says that buy DSLR for taking high res / high quality images? I think its time our golo molo friend needs to visit an Optician. :)

Posted

cell phone cameras that lack autofocus and macro mode are bound to produce worse image ,, then those with af of equal mp..

for instance i had a 2mp asus pda with autofocus... i could take a snap of newspaper and read it then clearly ,, but a 3mp ideos produces realy blur amnd fazool pics,,

and there are many more factores besides just ,pixels,,

in general chinese brands are poor

Posted

I think MPixel term is used to how wide the image is without flattered and pierce. ie. 5 MP image has more quality at 21" screen than 3MP. But density of pixel is the quality and resolution of the picture. Sony, Samsung are far better than Nokia.

Posted

I'm totally agree with you....One thing more that blackberry creates the business cellphone that's why there quality is high too.