ZABARDAST DIGITAL BOX!!!

295 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wanted to know if anyone can write a good review about this new service which is currently being called Zabardast Digital Box: http://content.screencast.com/users/omer98/folders/Jing/media/420ca5dd-caa1-4820-a119-0fda7e038bb4/2012-01-16_1749.png

If you're using it, who is your cable operator and how much are they charging you? No. of channels, quality, etc. Do share for the benefit of other users.

Thanks

1 person likes this

Posted

interested i knowing about it too. please do share channel list. price etc. is it avlble in lahore?

Posted

I think this should be available all over Pakistan, but for some reason the ad only shows local cable operators from Karachi. Channels list which I've obtained from someone who has obtained this service already is SIMPLY AMAZING! Lots of quality entertainment, news and sports channels. Here's the list:

01 FOOD CHANNEL

02 ZEE KHANA KHAZANA

03 OSN KIDS

04 CBEEBEIES

05 BABY TV

06 POGO

07 DISNEY CHANNEL

08 DISNEY XD

09 NICKLODIAN

10 BBC WORLD

11 CNN

12 AL JAZEERA

13 SKY NEWS

14 FRANCE 24 ENGLISH

15 EURO NEWS

16 BLOOMBERG

17 CNBC-E

18 STAR PLUS (NO AUTHORISED)

19 STAR ONE (NO AUTHORISED)

20 SONY (NO AUTHORISED)

21 ZEE TV

22 IMAGINE TV

23 COLORS TV (NO AUTHORISED)

24 SAB TV

25 SAHARA TV

26 ZEE SMILE

27 ETV URDU

28 ZEE CINEMA

29 ZEE PREIMIER

30 ZEE ACTION

31 LOTUS

32 STAR GOLD

33 B4U MOVIE

34 ENTER 10

35 SET MAX

36 9X

37 FILMY

38 UTV MOVIE

39 9XM

40 Z ETC

41 B4U MUSIC

42 ZING

43 MTV INDIA

44 BINDAAS

45 V INDIA

46 ZOOM TV

47 VH-1

48 V INTERNATIONAL

49 TRACE URB

50 OSN-E

51 OSN STYLE

52 BBC ENTERTAIMENT

53 E-2

54 AXN

55 FOX

56 STAR WORLD

57 OSN FIRST

58 OSN TRAVEL

59 AL-QURAN MAKKAH

60 TLC

61 FOX TRAVEL

62 OSN SPORTS

63 STAR SPORTS

64 NEO SPORT

65 TEN SPORTS

66 TRACE SPORTS

67 TEN ACTION

68 TEN CRICKET

69 NEO CRICKET

70 STAR CRICKET

71 ESPN

72 REAL MADRID

73 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

74 NAT GEO ADVENTURE

75 NAT GEO WILD

76 DISCOVERY

77 DISCOVERY SCIENCE

78 DISCOVERY TURBO

79 ANIMAL PLANET

80 OSN PREMIER

81 OSN ACTION

82 OSN FESTIVAL

83 OSN CINEMA

84 OSN COMEDY

85 TOP MOVIE

86 STAR MOVIES

87 PANORAMA

88 HBO

89 MGM

90 MBC-2

91 MBC-MAX

92 MBC ACTION

93 SONY PIX

94 UTV ACTION

95 FX

96 WB

97 ETV GUJRATI

98 MBC PERSIA

99 PEACE TV URDU

100 HADI TV

Unfortunately, even in Karachi some cable operators are dragging their feet and delaying provision of this service to their subscribers for some reason. I think with these channels, local cable operators can now compete with PTCL IPTV, DWN and Worldcall.

Posted (edited)

does it requires internet connection? or maybe i didn't get it what is this and how it works?

Edited by armada

Posted

Doesn't include any Pakistani channel :(

Posted (edited)

does it requires internet connection? or maybe i didn't get it what is this and how it works?

No internet needed. It's a simple STB which you will connect to your local cable TV providers cable in your home and use the smart card to view these channels. That's where the problem lies basically as local cable walas are taking their time to introduce this service for their subscribers because they probably need to invest some money at their end first.

No local channels because all local channels will still be available on analog. This channels list consists of all international channels which will most probably disappear from the analog list soon. I've heard that PEMRA has asked all cable ops to start using this box as they will block international channels from analog soon. Some large local cable ops from Karachi recently held a protest against PEMRA's decision to do this (search wired pak forum as I posted a link to the news story in another thread).

@armada and @suleman: who are your local cable walas and in which areas of Karachi? Please call them up and ask them about this so-called "zabardast" box and let me know what they say.

Edited by johnny98

Posted

The list looking great .. all the OSN network channels.. thats awesome.. i also have digital box cable in my city but that !@#$%^& is also showing 100 channels but 95% of the channels are useless pakistani channels... :( and with almost half months half channels dont work...

Posted

The list looking great .. all the OSN network channels.. thats awesome.. i also have digital box cable in my city but that !@#$%^& is also showing 100 channels but 95% of the channels are useless pakistani channels... :( and with almost half months half channels dont work...

Yes, it is amazing and almost unbelievable as most of us thought that the days of OSN were gone forever just like dstv.

Posted

Karachi only :/

Posted

why always karachi only :(

Posted

why always karachi only :(

Huh? What about Nayatel and Wateen broadband (cable TV)? We don't have those services in Karachi. Also, I'm quite sure that this service will be available all over the country pretty soon.

Posted

Every big cable operator in major cities have their own digital version. So its not for Karachi only. But OSN channels can't be seen elsewhere except Karachi. :(

Posted

How can i get it in lahore, i want it asap!!!!! whats the cost?

Posted

Nayatel and Wateen may be localized to their regions, but their channels etc aren't as great.

How much does this cost btw?

Posted (edited)

@metaltongue

Contact your local cable wala. But keep in mind above mentioned box and channels list is for Karachi only.

Edited by ShuAK

Posted

i was using kcs digital service in testing mood frequencies isi forum se hasil ki. now have they changed every thing whats the frequency of zabardast digital box can any 1 help in this regard.

Posted

Nayatel and Wateen may be localized to their regions, but their channels etc aren't as great.

How much does this cost btw?

Digital box cost is Rs. 4,000/- and you will have to pay Rs. 200/month on top of your current local cable charges. At least that's what I've heard from the people who've started this service. But do confirm by calling your local cable wala.

Posted

channel list is awesome. Worth ditching PTCL IPTV.

Posted

i was using kcs digital service in testing mood frequencies isi forum se hasil ki. now have they changed every thing whats the frequency of zabardast digital box can any 1 help in this regard.

Ali, please call up KCS and ask them about the Zabardast box. I think KCS is a little slow in implementing this service because the KCS dealer in my area keeps telling me that it's not available in PECHS. Subscribers will need to pressurize their local cable walas to start providing this service otherwise they appear to be reluctant at this stage at least from my personal experience with showtime and kcs cable.

Posted

channel list is awesome. Worth ditching PTCL IPTV.

True, but first you have to check with your local cable operator to find out whether they've started offering this service in your area or not. If they have, do share your experience in this thread with the name of your cable op and area.

Posted

Are they using any encryption?

I didn't purchased the box because who knows when they start encryption.

Posted

@metaltongue

Contact your local cable wala. But keep in mind above mentioned box and channels list is for Karachi only.

I am using WORLDCALL cable, do i need to ask them if i can get zabardast digital box through them with channels etc?

Posted

^^^Worldcall have their own digital service and box. So that "Zabardast" box is of no use for you. We have a dedicated thread on WC's digital service search for it.

Posted (edited)

I am using WORLDCALL cable, do i need to ask them if i can get zabardast digital box through them with channels etc?

If Worldcall doesn't add more digital channels, maybe it's time for you to call up a local cable op in your area and ask them about the zabardast box and then switch to their service instead. This is something Worldcall should've done years ago because they have the setup. Unfortunately, they don't have the brains or the will power to become a leader or innovator in anything. Total numbskulls.

Edited by johnny98
1 person likes this

Posted

Are they using any encryption?

I didn't purchased the box because who knows when they start encryption.

Yes