ZABARDAST DIGITAL BOX!!!

295 posts in this topic

Posted

i just checked with my local cable wala he said that the cost of Zabardst box is 8000 and you have to pay 500 on top of current 400 for analog cable which means 900 all together, which i think is quite high. if i want to spend 8000 on that zabardst digital which is again relying on local cable line network i would definitely opt for DISH TV which is 1000times better than this digital box.

Posted (edited)

i just checked with my local cable wala he said that the cost of Zabardst box is 8000 and you have to pay 500 on top of current 400 for analog cable which means 900 all together, which i think is quite high. if i want to spend 8000 on that zabardst digital which is again relying on local cable line network i would definitely opt for DISH TV which is 1000times better than this digital box.

Yes, 8,000 is too high. I think your cable wala is trying to rip you off because the actual cost should be around Rs. 4,000 and just Rs. 200 extra for the digital card/month. Who is your local cable wala and what area?

Regarding dishTV, that option is only applicable to people who are interested in watching indian channels. dishTV does not include OSN channels or even Aljazeera. People like me who are interested in OSN and other english movie/series channels and do not want dozens of indian channels will definitely go for this option, regardless of the initial cost of the box.

But one thing's for sure. We desperately need a couple of quality DTH providers in Pakistan which will offer the type of channels that are currently being provided on this zabardast box so that we don't have to rely on indian DTH services which are full of crappy indian channels.

Edited by johnny98
2 people like this

Posted

can any one share the frequencies of zabardast digital box.

Posted

Yes, 8,000 is too high. I think your cable wala is trying to rip you off because the actual cost should be around Rs. 4,000 and just Rs. 200 extra for the digital card/month. Who is your local cable wala and what area?

Regarding dishTV, that option is only applicable to people who are interested in watching indian channels. dishTV does not include OSN channels or even Aljazeera. People like me who are interested in OSN and other english movie/series channels and do not want dozens of indian channels will definitely go for this option, regardless of the initial cost of the box.

But one thing's for sure. We desperately need a couple of quality DTH providers in Pakistan which will offer the type of channels that are currently being provided on this zabardast box so that we don't have to rely on indian DTH services which are full of crappy indian channels.

you are right bro, anyways i live in defense PH-VI and the cable wala is king cable backed by iMedia communication.

they dont have the boxes as yet so all info is just from the horses mouth. let their inventory come & become available for sale only then i can get the actual costing.

Posted (edited)

you are right bro, anyways i live in defense PH-VI and the cable wala is king cable backed by iMedia communication.

they dont have the boxes as yet so all info is just from the horses mouth. let their inventory come & become available for sale only then i can get the actual costing.

Yeah, iMedia is one of the suppliers so hopefully they should supply these boxes to your cable operator soon. I spoke to iMedia on one of the numbers listed in the ad and they told me about the cost and said that your local cable wala will the box and card to you. Not sure if the local cable walas are going to add their own commission on top of the original price to make some munafa.

Edited by johnny98

Posted

hmmmmm ya lets see - they said they will get the inventory by saturday.

cant i use SUNTV decoder to get these digital channels.

Posted

bro cost of the dgital box is 4000 and shayed cable walay 5000 tak dain , and monthly charge is 400/month confirm news so be care full those cablew ala s who are asking more money for dat service , dont give them they are just looting u guyzzz

Posted

bro cost of the dgital box is 4000 and shayed cable walay 5000 tak dain , and monthly charge is 400/month confirm news so be care full those cablew ala s who are asking more money for dat service , dont give them they are just looting u guyzzz

Exactly. Just call the direct numbers of iMedia, MPC and Skyline given in the ad to confirm the price and if your local cable wala asks for more money tell them your cable operator's name.

Posted (edited)

hmmmmm ya lets see - they said they will get the inventory by saturday.

cant i use SUNTV decoder to get these digital channels.

I don't think so because Skyline/Digi have their own box and their own activation cards. But you can always call up Skyline or Digi (see numbers in the ad) and ask them. :)

Maybe also call up DWN (formerly known as suntv) and ask them why they have only 74 channels while this box offers at least 100 international channels.

Edited by johnny98

Posted (edited)

I don't think so because Skyline/Digi have their own box and their own activation cards. But you can always call up Skyline or Digi (see numbers in the ad) and ask them. :)

Maybe also call up DWN (formerly known as suntv) and ask them why they have only 74 channels while this box offers at least 100 international channels.

I Think DWN is compatiable with DVB-T RECEIVER

& Solo Digital Network is compatiable with DVB-C RECEIVER

This is the specification for DVB-C Receiver for MPC, KCS, SOLO.

http://s1107.photobu...bkijan/General/

Edited by itstariq

Posted

i got ordinary FTA reciver without card slot in which i used to watch the testing digital service of kcs by feeding some frequencies still some channels are still running on this digital reciver can any one tell me that can i watch the channels of zabardast digital channels on my old digital reciever can any one send me the frequencies of zabardast that i can try thanx

Posted

Is this receiver a DVB-C or DVB-S?

Its only possible on DVB-C.

Posted

it dvb-c

Posted

have any one purchased this zabardast box. any one can share how is the picture and sound quality and does the feature rewind forward pause realy works and how can we rewind and forward live channels how is it possible.

Posted (edited)

have any one purchased this zabardast box. any one can share how is the picture and sound quality and does the feature rewind forward pause realy works and how can we rewind and forward live channels how is it possible.

the zabardast named STB is same as like skymedia box available in the market infact skymedia STB have more features then zabardast STB

as for the feature known as Time Shift: pause and rewind live broadcast what it does is when u r watching live program and have to leave for a while say like for 10 or 20 minutes u can pause the program and when u return and restart the program or cricket match it will start from the same point where u paused it but your STB should have a USB inserted to record the time shift program hope this helps

Edited by multichoice

Posted (edited)

the zabardast named STB is same as like skymedia box available in the market infact skymedia STB have more features then zabardast STB

as for the feature known as Time Shift: pause and rewind live broadcast what it does is when u r watching live program and have to leave for a while say like for 10 or 20 minutes u can pause the program and when u return and restart the program or cricket match it will start from the same point where u paused it but your STB should have a USB inserted to record the time shift program hope this helps

@multiplechoice_questions So can we purchase the skymedia box directly from the market (and not the local cable wala), get the card directly from Skyline or Digi and get this service by inserting our local cable wala's cable into the box? Or do we need to get our local cable wala to set this up at their end first?

Edited by johnny98

Posted

@multiplechoice_questions So can we purchase the skymedia box directly from the market (and not the local cable wala), get the card directly from Skyline or Digi and get this service by inserting our local cable wala's cable into the box? Or do we need to get our local cable wala to set this up at their end first?

The skymedia STB has European CAS where as zabardast STB have Chinese top-real CAS so for the time being it would not work but if the digi people install European CAS server in there headend then for sure Skymedia STB would work

my recommendation for everyone dont be in a hurry wait for like a month or 2 there is a very big change in Karachi in digital service in coming days lots of digital channels with lots of choices to select

Posted

I just spoke to Home Vision and they told me to contact them on 9th Rabi-ul-Awwal (that's the first time a cable operator has mentioned a date from the Islamic calendar) for the digital box. Not sure why it's taking so long.

The skymedia STB has European CAS where as zabardast STB have Chinese top-real CAS so for the time being it would not work but if the digi people install European CAS server in there headend then for sure Skymedia STB would work

my recommendation for everyone dont be in a hurry wait for like a month or 2 there is a very big change in Karachi in digital service in coming days lots of digital channels with lots of choices to select

Very nice "inside information." Can you shed more light on the types of choices and the changes that we can expect?

Posted

Theres a very important question to all who are so desperate to get digital service. Do you guys get clear signal of your analog cable? i mean do you get all the channels in perfect quality? If yes then you should go for it (depending on your local cable wala). If not then forget about digital. FYI all the local cable walas are just loop holders. means they have feed from one headend and they are just relaying that feed to the local community with the help of amps. If any cable wala says that he can't provide you digital box, it means his local network isn't good enough to support this service due to various obvious reasons. And most of these loop holders have digital box installed in their office for their personal use bcoz they have perfect signal to their office which afterwards gets messy when it reaches your home.

Posted

^100% true.

He checked this crappy chinese box at my end and it opened only 10 to 12 channels and most of them were FTA channels.

He told me there are many other channels but due to signal problem as your house is very distant from our end we cannot recommend you to for this box.

I am thinking to purchase some DTH service now.

Posted (edited)

^100% true.

He checked this crappy chinese box at my end and it opened only 10 to 12 channels and most of them were FTA channels.

He told me there are many other channels but due to signal problem as your house is very distant from our end we cannot recommend you to for this box.

I am thinking to purchase some DTH service now.

Tough luck. :) Who's your cable operator?

Edited by johnny98

Posted

Care to share any more info on the subject...?

Posted

Care to share any more info on the subject...?

more then 6 digital headend setup with more channels with HD coming up in a month time with much better features then zabardast STB

Posted

multi u meant to say some other company also coming wid better lineup p of cable operator ?

Posted

like dish tv or tata sky ?