ZABARDAST DIGITAL BOX!!!

296 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

service back to normal no jerks no breaks

My brotherly friend and friendly brother @ali, there were still a lot of breaks on several channels in the morning yesterday while the rest were running fine. Also, I've noticed that this problem is really bad in the morning and then in the evening all channels go back to normal. This probably shows that the signal becomes weak in the morning hours for some unknown reason.

Can you do me a favour and call up SDN directly and lodge a complaint about this issue? I did so myself on Saturday because this is a really annoying problem which they definitely need to sort out fast!!!

Edited by johnny98

Posted

@ Jhonny .

My dear , might be your signal from your cable wala is so weak or maximized that y u r facing such problem . If maximized then you have to use a spliter to reduce its DB.

I am using that magic box from 7 months and happily says their is no bad issue I feel yet . No breakage nor signal problem .

Few months ago I faced same problem & I much confused why this problem occurred any how I purchased a signal amplifier of a good company (brand name is not in my mind) but it is in a white plastic box .(Do not purchase Steel box amplifier its is so poor quality ) .

From out put 1 line I directly put in the box & my problem was finished . For reducing signal its have a screw for viewing better signal .

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think we should have to install a signal amplifier for any reason because it is the cable operator's responsibility to ensure that every subscriber gets good quality reception. That's the whole idea behind switching to digital receivers.

Another thing, from what at least one other person has mentioned it appears that signal quality is not the cause of the breaks/poor reception. It is something that Solo needs to fix at their headend. In any case, reception has gone back to "almost" normal for the last couple of days without any amplifiers so it appears that Solo is doing something about this, or at least so it seems.

Edited by johnny98

Posted

@ Jhony

My dear , I am using this box from 7 months . In starting i faced lot of problems such as Some channels are working fine but few showing bad result broken signals. I much surprised because I don't understand why it happened . If the problem is only about signal so why another channels are working fine . So I though might be it appeared from head-in .

But.... once upon a time to resolve this issue I bough a cheaper amplifier ( china ) & put directly wire from output to box with out having any other joint .

I did many practicals and found the result if the signal from your cable wala have strong strength then some channels might be showing broken result or if you joint another wire simultaneously for your TV so that also effect on the result .

Right now 98 channels are on air and no any single channel having such problem . So its mean this problem is not from Solo end .

Posted

No digital since last night. Anyone else with this problem? Called up Solo and they said it's from your local cable ops end. Maybe they didn't pay their bills on time? Local cable op says their office is closed because someone's father passed away. Not sure if that's the reason for no digital all of a sudden. I can understand the need to mourn the loss but it's not right to force others to mourn as well. The world goes on and you can't shut down an entire business this way so that it affects your customers.

Posted

Every time I see this thread bump in my new posts, I always thought the title as "------- Box" :D, only after reading the title did I realize it was Zabardast box :P

Posted

Has anyone got their digital subscription renewed recently? Mine expired a couple of days ago and my local cable operator is dragging his feet as usual. I've called them about this twice. They asked me to SMS them my digital card number which I did but they still haven't renewed my subscription even though I paid them in full several days ago. Now I just get the dreaded "no authorization" screen of death on all channels. :(

Posted

Has anyone got their digital subscription renewed recently? Mine expired a couple of days ago and my local cable operator is dragging his feet as usual. I've called them about this twice. They asked me to SMS them my digital card number which I did but they still haven't renewed my subscription even though I paid them in full several days ago. Now I just get the dreaded "no authorization" screen of death on all channels. :(

my dear brother,

you are not alone, infect do let me know when it gets resolved iahve switched the cable back to showtime, i will reconnect it when matter resolved

Posted

my dear brother,

you are not alone, infect do let me know when it gets resolved iahve switched the cable back to showtime, i will reconnect it when matter resolved

Analog is working fine at my end on the same line but digital has been on "no authorization" mode since Tuesday. I've called KCS's local office several times and given them my card number but no progress other than promises promises. Very sad situation. Looks like KCS is slow in making payments to SDN.

Did you call KCS about it?

Posted (edited)

Anyone from other areas experiencing the same problem or is just us? And if you were able to get your digital subscription renewed, can you share your experience with us to let us know how easy/difficult it was?

Under menu -> system setup -> conditional access -> entitles record, the end date was April 17 and that's when my digital went to no auth status.

Edited by johnny98

Posted

Anyone else?

Posted

No?

Posted

Stupid cable operator! Total crap!

Posted (edited)

I'm beginning to wonder if this whole digital box operation was a total scam either at the local cable operator's end or SDN's end. They've managed to sell a few boxes and get subscription money as well and now they want to keep it rather than spend anything on getting our subscriptions renewed. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense why it would take these [email protected]$ a week to renew a subscription when all they F#$^1ng need to do is call up SDN and give them the card number!

Edited by johnny98

Posted

Enough is enough! I'm going to go over to their effin office in block 2 pechs and get my Rs. 500 back from these a$$h0l*s if they keep this up. They can get it back from me once they've renewed my subscription.

@baluch and any others with this problem, I suggest you guys do the same.

Posted

Enough is enough! I'm going to go over to their effin office in block 2 pechs and get my Rs. 500 back from these a$$h0l*s if they keep this up. They can get it back from me once they've renewed my subscription.

@baluch and any others with this problem, I suggest you guys do the same.

luckily i have not paid them a single penny, all i asked them was k bhai result theek kero paise le jao, viewed for one month, not working since 16th, ye ab jagey hain aur call kr rahe hain k box hai ap k paas, i m telling them k aa le jao, even cable wire charges bhi nahi dye main ne k analogue result was also not clear :)

Posted

luckily i have not paid them a single penny, all i asked them was k bhai result theek kero paise le jao, viewed for one month, not working since 16th, ye ab jagey hain aur call kr rahe hain k box hai ap k paas, i m telling them k aa le jao, even cable wire charges bhi nahi dye main ne k analogue result was also not clear :)

That's cool! I just paid a visit to their office this evening and got my Rs. 500/- digital charges back. They were quite polite and reasonable and although Shakeel bhai wasn't at the office, the other guy called him up and I explained that I'm more than willing to pay the charges as soon as this is resolved so Shakeel bhai told the other guy to refund the digital charges.

They say it's an issue at SDN's end and that they're not renewing connections for some reason probably because of some technical issue or probably because they're not interested in running this service any more. Let's see what happens next. Quite a disappointment really.

Would like to hear from people other areas to find out if this is affecting just us or others as well.

Posted

I called up Skyline today and have confirmed that there's no issue whatsoever at their end. It is 100% confirmed that the problem is with my local cable operator who for some unknown bull$#1t reason hasn't forwarded card numbers of customers in my area to them for recharge! I have no idea why they keep lying to me and tell me that it's a "technical issue". What the f***??? Maybe their trying to scam me into paying them more money?

Skyline informed me that they receive card numbers via a "trunk" which is a specific number on which they get card number via SMS or phone. Does anyone know this special number or help get my card recharged?

This is so annoying and frustrating. Nowhere else on this planet other than this god-forsaken shith*le of a country will you find businesses that will happily refuse business simply because they're too lazy.

Posted

Are they showing ESPN HD? or StarCricket HD? or any other HD>?

Posted

More people have informed me that their digital subscriptions have also expired and their cable walas do not seem interested in recharging their cards. Sad state of affairs. This is definitely not good for Skyline's business as it's going to scare customers away.

Posted

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU$%!!!

Posted (edited)

Looks like it's the curse of the [email protected]*r1. Soon after that name was mentioned in this thread, my subscription expired and is still in that state.

:(

@jdk could you be kind enough to edit your post to remove/modify that name as I have above? Maybe that will help get things back to normal. ;)

All of a sudden, something strange happened yesterday. I switched on my digital box to check if my cable op had finally renewed my subscription to find that the channels were fading in and out in flashes. I was quite surprised and it seemed as though my subscription had been updated and that the box probably needed a "reboot" for the update to kick in (which was a very wise thought). I turned off the box and then on again and all the channels started running normally. When I checked under the "Entitles Record" menu I noticed that it showed 187 days (i.e. subscription would be active for almost 6 months).

I was getting ready to log onto WP and inform my friendly friend and neighbourly neighbour @baluchistan about this and ask him to check his box too when all of a sudden my box went back to No Auth mode again. It was on for only about 5-10 mins. I rechecked under Entitles Record and it had gone back to 0 days. So it was probably just a "glitch" in the system at Skyline's end which is what I thought initially because they would certainly not renew anyone's subscription for 187 days!

Edited by johnny98

Posted

will check today and inform accordingly

Posted

will check today and inform accordingly

Brother @baluch, please check my latest PM to you today and respond. Thanks!

Posted

At what price we will get this digital set up box and what are the monthly fees?