How to apply for Pakistani passport.

70 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

hello, i just finished my bba and i am thinking about going to australia for mba degree, iam someone who has never traveled abroad soinever had the passport.

so please could you guide me about how to apply for pakistani passport and how long it takes and what is the cost.

i want to apply through regular official procedure even if it takes little extra time, i absolutely don't want to use any agent or any other third party unofficial people because these are very sensitive documents with which i am going outside, so its just me applying at the passport office dealing with official passport people.

by the way i am in karachi

thanks

Edited by arshadmunir

Posted

go to passport office (located in saddar) along with your documents, it will take Rs.2250 + 12 working days.

1 person likes this

Posted

hello, i just finished my bba and i am thinking about going to australia for mba degree, iam someone who has never traveled abroad soinever had the passport.

so please could you guide me about how to apply for pakistani passport and how long it takes and what is the cost.

i want to apply through regular official procedure even if it takes little extra time, i absolutely don't want to use any agent or any other third party unofficial people because these are very sensitive documents with which i am going outside, so its just me applying at the passport office dealing with official passport people.

thanks

You are in Karachi, but are you from Karachi? because you need to apply from your hometown (only exception is for government employees).

Posted

thanks

First of all you have to apply yourself for the passport, no agent or third party can do it for you.

You need your NIC along with your Father's NIC and your latest educational documents. They also need your old passport to cancel but in your case that wont be necessary as its the first time you are applying.

I too have applied for AUS. Lets see how it goes

Posted (edited)

ah i should also mention that my friend made his passport last week and at the passport office they asked him to go to nadra office and bring an authenticity letter. A check to see if the NIC is real of fake, so we had to go to nadra office and they gave us a print out which stated that this NIC is in their database. Not a letter its more like a parchi.

Edited by executionist

Posted

i still hate this verifcation letter crap in Pakistani offices, i mean why cant they just get their offices connected and be able to verify whether a certain document is legit by searching through a central database.

i wish we get rid of this 'کاغذی سسٹم' sometime soon.

Posted (edited)

^ Is Passport system not developed by NADRA and connected with it? I mean I made my passport back in December. No one asked me to bring any verification paper from NADRA. The token guy swaps your Original CNIC card in a device (like shops do for Credit/Debit Card) which is attached to their computer. The guy swapped my CNIC and my name and other details popped up on the screen and the token was printed accordingly.

Everyone is advised to make computerized Form B, it's made for all under 18 if no one here knows. It alots CNIC # sort of to every one under 18 so make sure you do it. It will just ease things for the children when they turn 18 and go for CNIC registration.

They might ask for verification of a person who does not go with original CNIC but colour photocopies since I don't think the Barcode in photocopies can be read by that device. I was impressed with the Passport system. Did not face any delays. They also might ask for such a letter perhaps when there is a problem in their systems and they have problems with connectivity to the main NADRA database.

One thing, REMEMBER to give your FIRST & LAST name correctly. Sometimes they enter the whole name in first or last name, it is not advisable since when you will be issued visa they will mention First/Last name not available followed by your name. So make SURE, you give your FIRST & LAST (and middle if any) name properly during data entry, the English way. i.e.

Your name is Arshad Munir then it should be like:

First Name: Arshad

Last Name: Munir

If above is followed, the form when printed, which you have to verify, make sure your name is written as Munir, Arshad in it, in the form I am talking about which will be given to you for verification purposes, you have to sign it and then go to officer to submit it.

P.S. I did not take father's CNIC with me. The data entry guy for father's name which I gave followed by his CNIC & other details, I said I have not brought it so the rest of details were skipped.

Edited by Joker

Posted

if your father is a government officer or in govt service then you need to go through a seperate window at the passport office,,no agent is required

Posted (edited)

ah i should also mention that my friend made his passport last week and at the passport office they asked him to go to nadra office and bring an authenticity letter. A check to see if the NIC is real of fake, so we had to go to nadra office and they gave us a print out which stated that this NIC is in their database. Not a letter its more like a parchi.

well passport office do have a nadra terminal(atleast they had it when they didn't even started making computerized passports) , i have seen one my self last time i visted passport office. they just enter your cnic # and your record including your pic and everything appears on the screen.

p.s. i haven't applied for the newer computerized one yet,my old non computerized one is still valid till early 2010 , but like recently saudis have started demanding computerized passports for umrah visas so i think i'll have to apply for computerized one too sooner then 2010. older one will get attached to it because it got valid visas.

Edited by Superman

Posted

I want to know the following:

1. Is the passport office at Saddar still in operation? I heard that everything is now dealt at Awami Markaz.

2. How much time does it take from entering the passport office and completion of every thing including payment of fees, tokens etc.? I will be glad if someone can write the whole procedure.

3. When is the best time to reach at the office?

Posted

I want to know the following:

1. Is the passport office at Saddar still in operation? I heard that everything is now dealt at Awami Markaz.

2. How much time does it take from entering the passport office and completion of every thing including payment of fees, tokens etc.? I will be glad if someone can write the whole procedure.

3. When is the best time to reach at the office?

1 = depends on the area where you live, like Saddar, Tower etc are done at Passport office saddar while Gulshan is done at Awami Markaz to the best of my knowledge.

2 = urgent takes 4 days for sure, otherwise I think 14 days.

3 = I went at 9:00 AM on Friday and it took one hour to complete the process.

Posted

According to the latest system, you only need your original CNIC to obtain a passport. You don't need any other documents.

It will take you about 2-3 hours to finish the procedures and around 2 weeks for delivery. (You may need to show them some original educational document, if you have any)

Posted

Yes they only need ur CNIC and fee is about 2300 PKR(round about).

and best time to go early before 9:00 am

Posted

go to the passport office with your documents... ask about where your designated passport office is...

Posted

I live in rawalpindi.Where can I find Visa office.Do ive to submit some sort of challan form in Bank 1st?

Posted

I live in rawalpindi.Where can I find Visa office.Do ive to submit some sort of challan form in Bank 1st?

Visa office or passport office?

Posted

Visa office or passport office?

sorry I meant passport office

Posted

hi guys,

plz tell how to apply for my new born baby , age 1 month passport

do i need to take him wid me to the passport office?

do my baby need to give his biometric?

do passport office take his photograph?

thanks guys

Posted

I am planning to go abroad with my 2 kids (Age 9 Months and 21 Months)

So, first of all, I went to NADRA with birth registered certificates and mine and my wife's original ID card on Friday at 3pm (best time), paid 50 rupees and went through the process of 1 hour and got the Birth form next week.

Tomorrow whole family is planning to visit NADRA office again for Family Registration Form (required in embassy for traveling), they told me to get all the family, B Form and original cards, fee 500.

Once this is done, I will go to Passport office for my kids passports.

The best time to visit Nadra is on Friday or after 7 pm these days.

Could anyone help me with Passport office timings please.

Posted

I am in a situation where i need my name correction to be made on my passport as it was incomplete first time. Previously it was incomplete on my NIC as well. But i have a new NIC now with complete name and now i need same thing for my passport. I went to passport office but they did'nt bother to guide me what to do. Now can someone please guide me how can i have a new passport with my complete name on it.

Posted

You can apply for modification as per CNIC. No problem. They might also ask for matric certificate, if you have one.

Posted

Do one has to go to his/her home town to renew his/her MRP or it can be renewed from any location. Thanks

Posted

^I hear from someone that it could be renewed from any Passport Office. Better to call them also before getting in queue.

Posted

Thanks, the numbers that I have never respond. Do anyone has numbers for the passport office.

Posted

Whether CNIC or Passport the steps are as follows:

1. First go to bank and submit challan fees. This needs to be done early in the morning just when the banks open to save time.

2. Now come to their office and see which is the longest line. It will most certainly be the line where you get "number" so get in line. If you are early then you will get it with in an hour.

3. Once you have got number, there is nothing you can do except wait. Just wait and keep your eyes on the number counter as to which one is being served.

4. When your number comes, just enter in the room and do as they say. There will be 4, 5 steps to follow like taking picture, submitting form, verification e.t.c.

5. You are done!