Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

UPS, Battery, Generator- Status Symbol in Pakistan?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I was wondering, as the summer season is coming up, more and more thread are coming on UPS and Batteries- and even in our daily life this discussion is like a status symbol (you have 24 volt UPS, ohh I've 48 volt and working fine.. and bla bla bla).

On the other hand, you don't sufficient Electricity to charge it- Then you need a generator to charge it and use for daytime and UPS for night time.. again to run generator Petrol is 100 rps/ltr and diesel is rather more expensive than petrol. And when it comes to gas- there is no gas in pipes in morning and evening times.....

Solar system are too expensive.....

And credit goes to........?

Posted

America

2 people like this

Posted

Solar systems are expensive? Meanwhile in Europe: http://www.crikey.co...ified-of-solar/

Yes as topic is in Pakistan, any information for 5-6 KW solar system for 12-24 hours backup?

Posted

America

America gives votes to Sheikh Rasheed, ZorDari, Shareef and bla bla bla bla .....

Posted (edited)

America gives votes to Sheikh Rasheed, ZorDari, Shareef and bla bla bla bla .....

Yes but their votes are different than ours those are printed by federal reserve and ours printed by Punjab text book board

Edited by armada

Posted

what are some equipments required for converting gasoline generator to on natural gas (sui gas) and can i do it myself ? where to buy kit?

Posted

Auriya Maqbool Jan explains this myth (i.e. "you have voted") a bit

97423392.th.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Auriya Maqbool Jan explains this myth (i.e. "you have voted") a bit

97423392.th.jpg

OK got larger image in other tab. thanks and he says very right......

Edited by nvd650

Posted

And credit goes to........?

This government - they promised you "Roti - Kapra aur Makaan" and not the "Electricity"

1 person likes this

Posted

This government - they promised you "Roti - Kapra aur Makaan" and not the "Electricity"

And what about, for what they promised? Roti Kapra aur Makan :D

Posted

any information for 5-6 KW solar system for 12-24 hours backup?

A rich friend of mine just ordered a 6.5KW German solar Panels + American batteries + charge Controllers + Inverters for US$24,000 from USA. When his shipment arrives, I will install and let you know the results.

Posted

And what about, for what they promised? Roti Kapra aur Makan :D

You eat "Roti" daily, you wear "Kapra" daily and you live under a roof. Don't you ? :P

So the promise is fulfilled.

Posted

A rich friend of mine just ordered a 6.5KW German solar Panels + American batteries + charge Controllers + Inverters for US$24,000 from USA. When his shipment arrives, I will install and let you know the results.

Lolz, dont need it :D really ha ha ha ha ha ha 24,000. If you can please remove one zero then I can think :D

Posted

Brrrr its too expensive.. don't forget to take the pictures :D looking forward to it.

Posted

These Lister-Petter generators are fuel efficient and consume much less fuel than any honda generator. May be you can afford these: Lister-Petter LLP Air Cooled Gensets

These are best for backup power on weddings etc. I am thinking to buy 5 KW model.

Posted

These Lister-Petter generators are fuel efficient and consume much less fuel than any honda generator. May be you can afford these: Lister-Petter LLP Air Cooled Gensets

These are best for backup power on weddings etc. I am thinking to buy 5 KW model.

hi blogger two questions : are these petter made in UK? and from where to get this in Pakistan?

Posted

Anything, I mean anything that is use to "show off" is a "status symbol". Whether it is dress, car, house, UPS, Battery, Generator or the animal for "qurbani". And guess what, Islam doesn't like it. But hey, who cares for Islam, if mullahs tell us it's okay then it's okay.

Ever heard that a mullah openly said not to wear expensive dress to show off, or do not show off your car, house, UPS/Generator. And the biggest of all, did ever a mullah said "do not use the animal you purchased qurbani to show off your wealth". Instead they are very proud to say "My kids are walking the animal in street. They love this animal. It is to increase the love between child and animal. blah blah blah". Not even once, he said "this is wrong and this is total show off and haram in Islam".

And these are my own personal experiences. I and few other people, we bought a good UPS system for mosque. After couple of months, the mullah told me with chest high "I have put more lights, especially on roof, to tell other people that we have UPS and people can come to our mosque and they don't need to go to other mosques where they have no UPS". I was thinking, "f*** you mullha, I paid for this UPS and you are showing off just to gather more people and making it as a business". Of course, I didn't said this to him. But if that's the mentality of people then yes, UPS/Generator is a status symbol.

Beside that, I don't need extra electricity. In fact, I go the opposite side. I have replaced all the light bulbs in my homes and office with 8 watts, 5 watts and where it is needed with 11 watts (very few). It is so fun to see my home's bill in the first slab only. :) I personally use laptop, cellphone and an "emergency light" (LED, small one). But hey that's me. I am okay whether it's hot or not. I do curse WAPDA and government. But I don't see the reason to light up every light (especially in load-shedding) in home with UPS/Generator to inform the whole colony that "people with UPS/generator are richer than those who don't have it".

But hey, I know people who especially turn on gates light to tell everybody that "we have UPS/generator". You can't change people. But you can change yourself.

2 people like this

Posted

@wampyre I'm 101% with you. Even I do the same sometimes.... ohh people listen I've bought this.....

But my purpose was not this, I was just wondering that electricity is status symbol in Pakistan. I never put Islam in it or show off... Just imagine we live in a country where to have electricity is status symbol... Leave food, clothes, houses, motor bike and blah blah at a side- Electricity? WOW I've it :D

Posted

is there any solar energy based system for running small things like just one computer? How much will it cost for 400 watt load support?

Posted

hi blogger two questions : are these petter made in UK? and from where to get this in Pakistan?

Yes, these are. I myself in quest to find a dealer who deals in lister-petter. (not online)

Anything, I mean anything that is use to "show off" is a "status symbol". Whether it is dress, car, house, UPS, Battery, Generator or the animal for "qurbani". And guess what, Islam doesn't like it. But hey, who cares for Islam, if mullahs tell us it's okay then it's okay.

Ever heard that a mullah openly said not to wear expensive dress to show off, or do not show off your car, house, UPS/Generator. And the biggest of all, did ever a mullah said "do not use the animal you purchased qurbani to show off your wealth". Instead they are very proud to say "My kids are walking the animal in street. They love this animal. It is to increase the love between child and animal. blah blah blah". Not even once, he said "this is wrong and this is total show off and haram in Islam".

And these are my own personal experiences. I and few other people, we bought a good UPS system for mosque. After couple of months, the mullah told me with chest high "I have put more lights, especially on roof, to tell other people that we have UPS and people can come to our mosque and they don't need to go to other mosques where they have no UPS". I was thinking, "f*** you mullha, I paid for this UPS and you are showing off just to gather more people and making it as a business". Of course, I didn't said this to him. But if that's the mentality of people then yes, UPS/Generator is a status symbol.

Beside that, I don't need extra electricity. In fact, I go the opposite side. I have replaced all the light bulbs in my homes and office with 8 watts, 5 watts and where it is needed with 11 watts (very few). It is so fun to see my home's bill in the first slab only. :) I personally use laptop, cellphone and an "emergency light" (LED, small one). But hey that's me. I am okay whether it's hot or not. I do curse WAPDA and government. But I don't see the reason to light up every light (especially in load-shedding) in home with UPS/Generator to inform the whole colony that "people with UPS/generator are richer than those who don't have it".

But hey, I know people who especially turn on gates light to tell everybody that "we have UPS/generator". You can't change people. But you can change yourself.

Show off is one more thing when people start to compare their children and relatives, Oh! my son has scored these marks in exams, my daughter is studying this in that college, my children are very brilliant in studies, my relatives are doctor, engineer, officer in army, how about this show off! No body takes this in consideration.

@wampyre I'm 101% with you. Even I do the same sometimes.... ohh people listen I've bought this.....

But my purpose was not this, I was just wondering that electricity is status symbol in Pakistan. I never put Islam in it or show off... Just imagine we live in a country where to have electricity is status symbol... Leave food, clothes, houses, motor bike and blah blah at a side- Electricity? WOW I've it :D

To have electricity is not status symbol. Today, it is a basic necessity. No electricity; no water, no electricity; no industry, no electricity; dead economy. But to reveal that you have alternate sources for electricity with intention to boast off is indeed wrong.

Posted

I laugh hard when people say that their ward is studying in this unviersity or that university. How crazy and funny that is. aakhir ban'na tu naukar hi hai na :D

What difference does a ^&*( university make? All are crap. Researchers here copy material in daylight and no one cares.

Professors have no published research work, except their PHD dissertation, to their credit.

Posted

Show off is one more thing when people start to compare their children and relatives, Oh! my son has scored these marks in exams, my daughter is studying this in that college, my children are very brilliant in studies, my relatives are doctor, engineer, officer in army, how about this show off! No body takes this in consideration.

Indeed, there is no doubt that this is all "show-off". Whether it's show-off of monetary gains, powerful "job", academia, or just showing-off saying "my relative/friend is this/that (on a power-gain-position)".

We should always remember, the death is inevitable. All those "powerful" people with high ranking "chairs" did actually died (surprise!) and now they are residing in a "3x7" piece of land. But when they were alive they were so "powerful" that they were gods of this land and people use to get intimidated by them. Similarly, no matter what they do, all current "powerful" people will die too. And all this gold, money, jobs, everything will be left behind. Then what's the point of showing off? I don't get it.

1 person likes this

Posted

^ Very true and deep.Sikander-e-Azam died with his hands open but didn't get anything except ..........

Posted (edited)

Really? If someone is that naive to show off their UPS or generator or solar power panels, i can only pray for 'em.

Its exactly like taking a piece of bread and showing it to others saying, "hey look! I have this thing to eat. Dont you envy me?"

Edited by hawker