SuperTV for XBMC (Watch International Television!)

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys & ???s

Has anyone tried the SuperTV Add-on for XBMC Eden?

It enables you to watch all the American, European, German, France, Italian, Portuguese and Indian channels, right on your HTPC/AppleTV! or on PC

Data consumption isn't too bad, but you would want an uncapped & High Speed internet package if you are going to watch a lot of TV. It's even got an EPG!

Been watching ABC, NBC, FOX, HBO, SyFy, The CW, TNT, Comedy Central HD, Bravo, History, Discovery, MTV(US), Food Network, Spike, ESPN, Nat Geo, Penthouse and the History Channel :D

The program is pretty new and has a bug here and there, but otherwise is working pretty damn well!

Here is the link:

http://supertv.3owl.com

Note: This only works on XBMC Eden

Get it it here xbmc.org

Edited by armada
1 person likes this

Posted

Wow.. This is cool.

Some channels are not working though.. Was trying Sky Sports 2 and BBC 1.. They made XBMC crash..

Posted

^ can you stream HD channels smoothly ?

Posted (edited)

^ can you stream HD channels smoothly ?

Nopes.. Im on 2mbps so some channel are having buffering issues.. but indian channels like Star Plus working perfectly fine but i dont watch indian channels much though.. :P..

I wish there were more UK/USA channels in this addon

Btw i cant get skysports 2 to work.. Is it working for you armada ?

Edited by alamode

Posted (edited)

I can stream HD channels for only about 1mint :-) although SD can be streamed with no buffer at all

Sky Sports 2 no i can't either ..............i think it can only be stream by UK IP like BBC iPlayer

Edited by armada

Posted

hey. How do you install the supertv app into xmbc player. i've downloaded the winzip file but now I'm a bit stumped as to what to do next..

Posted

Go to system then Settings then Addons then install from zip file and select the zip file you just downloaded. Once it is installed go back to home and click programs. You will see SuperTv link there.

Posted

Okay - if all these channels are available on IP, then why did we find about it only NOW? :P

I managed to stream Discovery Italia HD - on 1mbps - of course, I think it's obvious the viewing experience was less than optimal, and it was dubbed in Italian anyway (I wanted to test it out).

Whoever did this is a godsend!

Posted

Now im upgrading from 2mbps to 4mbps.. So that i can stream these channels properly.. Just wished that SkySports worked !

Posted

Some channels don't work (which are listed in the top-level categories) - so go right to the bottom and you'll find two categories (sorry - forgot their names). BBC One/Two work there (no Sky channels though) and some SD streams are available there too.

Posted

It is a great thing but im having lot of hanging probs :(

Posted (edited)

^ you would need at least 6Mb broadband package with great line if you are concerning HD TVs

i can stream SD channels for hours on 4Mb without any buffering but HD channels are awesome and good to watch :(

Edited by armada

Posted

i have 7Mb bro. but prob is not with net but with xmbc itself. it hangs when ever i try to switch channel :(

Posted (edited)

^ it is a bug!! you have to wait for stable release of xbmc they are working on it

tip: use your keyboard instead of mouse for changing channels hope it will reduce freezes

Edited by armada

Posted

Hey guys & ???s

Has anyone tried the SuperTV Add-on for XBMC Eden?

It enables you to watch all the American, European, German, France, Italian, Portuguese and Indian channels, right on your HTPC/AppleTV! or on PC

Data consumption isn't too bad, but you would want an uncapped & High Speed internet package if you are going to watch a lot of TV. It's even got an EPG!

Been watching ABC, NBC, FOX, HBO, SyFy, The CW, TNT, Comedy Central HD, Bravo, History, Discovery, MTV(US), Food Network, Spike, ESPN, Nat Geo, Penthouse and the History Channel :D

The program is pretty new and has a bug here and there, but otherwise is working pretty damn well!

Here is the link:

http://supertv.3owl.com

Note: This only works on XBMC Eden

Get it it here xbmc.org

Good list. I wish SDN would get these channels on their digital box.

Btw there's no penthouse in the lineup.

Posted

go here http://supertv.3owl.com download addon zip folder unzip the folder in C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons (make sure while adding addon xbmc is shut downed)

to watch +18 channels go in list rtmpGUI list there you will get first +18 category tab (4 out of 10 channels are working on my side others seems restricted to US ips only)

Penthouse HD ,2 Hustler , Redlight UK , Sexysat,

Posted (edited)

go here http://supertv.3owl.com download addon zip folder unzip the folder in C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons (make sure while adding addon xbmc is shut downed)

to watch +18 channels go in list rtmpGUI list there you will get first +18 category tab (4 out of 10 channels are working on my side others seems restricted to US ips only)

Penthouse HD ,2 Hustler , Redlight UK , Sexysat,

That link doesn't work.

Edited by johnny98

Posted

Any new link to download that 50MB XBMC installer?

Posted

^ can't you download it from their webpage?

Posted

^

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server. Apache/2.2.22 (FreeBSD) Server at supercloudtv.com Port 80

Posted

I have downloaded for myself but shared with others who could download.

And from where you getting its video addons?

I downloaded that supertv but it's not opening such downloaded zips addons.