PTCL evo discount package?

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Salam to all,

I am new here so pardon me if someone already asked this. I have ptcl 1Mbps DSL connection but lately I was planing to switch to ptcl evo if there is discount on it, I just wanted to ask about ptcl evo discount package if there is one because, someone told me that there are some discounted packages for evo, like doctor's package. So, if someone knows about its packages please kindly tell me its details and how can i avail it.

PS: also about evo nitro too, and is there a Student discount on evo or evo nitro? And tell me only about its unlimited packages.

By the way, I live in Gulberg, Karachi. So, will the signals be good here? And if so, will I get good speed?

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rocky Prince

Posted

Doctors Package is for those doctors who are registered member of CPSP.

Monthly charges : 1000 (Unlimited)

Device Installments : 1000 ( For 4 months )

Student Package Details :

Monthly Charges 1500

Device Charges 3000

No other Discount available for 3.1 Mbps Evo

No Evo Nitro Discount Package. ( Only Pay 3 Months Line rent Rupee 9000/- Device charges are waived off )

Posted (edited)

Dear rockz,

Thank you for your reply. Please can you tell me what is the procedure of getting student package? I mean what things are necessary for this package to avail? And, is my decision of switching to evo, good? Or i should just skick with DSL.

And if someone knows about its signals/speed in my area, then let me know.

Edited by Rocky Prince

Posted

I saw this add. What package is it? Is it safe to buy?

Posted

Doctors Package is for those doctors who are registered member of CPSP.

Monthly charges : 1000 (Unlimited)

Device Installments : 1000 ( For 4 months )

Student Package Details :

No other Discount available for 3.1 Mbps Evo

There is another discount package if you are an ICAP member or a student.

Posted

Hey! Is there a evo tower on naseerabad exchange? Because if there is then the distance from that tower to my house is like 1.5 Km, so how will the signals/speed be in my house? Somebody please tell me because i don't want to switch from DSL and waste my money if there will be no speed...

Posted

Hey! Is there a evo tower on naseerabad exchange? Because if there is then the distance from that tower to my house is like 1.5 Km, so how will the signals/speed be in my house? Somebody please tell me because i don't want to switch from DSL and waste my money if there will be no speed...

EVO speed is mostly messes up due to overloaded server and local carriers. So, there is higher probability of poor service at the end. Keep such service just for internet portability. There is no alternative to DSL and similar other services, or Wimax is the supposed alternative to DSL.

Posted

PTCL copper lines sucks badly.

Posted

PTCL copper lines sucks badly.

Yeah man that's what i am talking about, every month i get problems with the telephone line, in the start it worked out great for me but now it gets damaged almost every month, i don't have problem with the speed though...but actually i am getting evo on doctor's package, it belongs to my cousin (he is a doctor) but now he doesn't use it anymore, so he is giving me his evo, and i don't think that for 1000/ monthly is a bad choice because DSL is the same price for 1 Mb. Whatever speed I will be getting, at-least it would be more then 1 Mb for the same price and I can get rid of the wires too....that's why i was asking for its speed, so guys please if somebody knows then let me know.

Posted (edited)

How much average speed i will get with evo? My house is at a distance of 1 or 1.5 km from evo tower. Please answer me guys if anybody knows...

Edited by Rocky Prince

Posted

How much average speed i will get with evo? My house is at a distance of 1 or 1.5 km from evo tower. Please answer me guys if anybody knows...

30-70 kB/s.

Posted

i am using student package

Posted

spam?

Posted

spam?

It think yes,

They will eat your money and after 1 year or may be less than 1year , you will be charged normally.

Posted

Check out the EVO Nitro Boost Offer Package according to which you can get ;

Package Options:

Choose the package that best suits your needs!

Bundle Offer Nitro Monthly Unlimited Free Nitro + 3months usage for

Rs.6000

Monthly Charges: Rs.2,100/month*

*Applicable from 4th month for one year. OR Nitro Device Charges: Rs.4,000

Monthly Charges: Rs.2,100/month*

*Applicable for 12months starting first bill.

Key Highlights:

• Cruise with Matchless Speed of up to 9.3 Mbps.*

• Enhanced user experience

• Faster web browsing

• High Quality Video Streaming

• Unlimited Downloads

• Faster uploads

• Plug & Play—Instant Connectivity

• USB compatible with laptops & Desktops.

• Average data rates vary between 1.25 Mbps- 3.75 Mbps

• Backward compatibility & seamless roaming on EVO Network (up to 3.1Mbps) in 250+ cities across the country.

• Device Upgrades available for existing Evo customers.

Business Rules:

• Promotion is applicable for new Nitro customers only.

• Promotion is applicable for new sales on bundle, as well as monthly payment packages.

• For customers opting for bundle promo, Rs.6000 shall be paid in advance by the customer. Monthly charges of Rs.2,100 shall be applicable from 4th month onwards.

• For unbundled/monthly package options, Rs.2,100 monthly charges shall be applicable from first bill.

• For bundle as well as unbundled sales, monthly charges for one year shall be Rs.2100/month.

• Promotion is valid only for Commercial Nitro Packages.

• Promotion is not valid for prepaid, Employee & other discounted packages.

*Speed is on best effort basis up to 9.3Mbps depending on multiple factors.

Official Link : http://www.ptcl.com....t.php?pd_id=334

Posted

Why pay 2100 rs from 4th month when you can pay 1000RS per month?

There is a person in Karachi and also Wired Pakistan Member (Da !@#$ Guy) which offer this package but he is selling evo nitro expensive.

Posted

Please help me is national pakage of ptcl limited to 1 gb download's pero month or unlimiited?

Posted

Please help me is national pakage of ptcl limited to 1 gb download's pero month or unlimiited?

Already posted in your topic about it