• Announcements

• Intermittent usage issues   08/31/2015

If you are experiencing intermittent issues with using the website, do the following: Clear your browser cache.Clear your browser cookies, especially all those relating to this website.Login again and use as normal.If issues still persist, update your web browser to its latest version and try again.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

any good books for Practice MCQs for Engineering Universities?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I have gone through FSc books, now i need books that contain challenging MCQs, that are of the standard of MCQs appearing in NUST/GIKI entrance test, i bought Dogars ECAT and KIPS Entry test series, both were useless. The tests that they give you in academies are not helping at all.

Posted

NUST's test will contain questions like scientists name too!! So you need to rattalize your FSc books PLUS grasp all the concepts. GIKI is more general and conceptual.. Do keep in mind the general formulas too, they sometimes give them.

GIKI test you'll find easier as it only has Physics, Math and English.

Your prime focus should be all the topics of your FSc books.. Get them all cleared!! Since you've already gone through the above mentioned books, do take a look at Barron's SAT II Math & Physics.

Posted

What did you do for Maths and General Awareness?

I've already given SATs and A levels so I'm wondering what I should do now. For Chemistry and Physics I'm going to study the FSc books. I thought I would use KIPS books for practice but everyone says they're useless.

Posted

I've already given SATs and A levels so I'm wondering what I should do now. For Chemistry and Physics I'm going to study the FSc books. I thought I would use KIPS books for practice but everyone says they're useless.

SAT's math is good for basic/general maths portion. For calculus or engineering math try going through FSc Math.. And keep track of A-level maths too cause it helps in many analytically thrown questions. The trig portion is well given in FSc's book so go through that. A-level trig ain't that much upto this level.

For chemistry try learning those enthalpy values and some periodic values of elements that we usually ignore in A-levels due to the fact we get a Data booklet...Physics is somewhat same but the definitions may vary due to the change in name. Oh yes! try going through optical portion since that's not covered in A-levels physics and it usually comes in NUST's test. Try developing skills to solve them mentally with lesser time...Same as in P-1 Math of O-levels...get robust with basic calculations.

Posted (edited)

For Maths, I did go through FSc books..Some topics are not covered in A'levels syllabus, I am not paying much attention to General Awareness,as it's only 5% of the total weightage of the test, plus I think O'levels PS would be enough to cover this section

and did you gave the lums sse test?

Edited by pure_evil

Posted

^Nope, didn't apply to LUMS. It didn't make sense because you have to pay LUMS admission fee (~3 lac) before you even apply to NUST which is my primary choice. Did you?

Posted (edited)

Yeah, got into their BS Economics program but rejected from SSE

Edited by pure_evil