Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[email protected] not working anymore?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I used to get monthly bill in email from LDN but not getting anymore. The last such bill came in Feb 2012. Today I sent an email to [email protected] which is the email mentioned in bill they sent and also on their website and it returned!

Return message was 550 550 Administrative prohibition (state 13)

Can anybody check if [email protected] is working or not!!?

Posted

A error message such as "The mail server responded ADMINISTRATIVE PROHIBITION. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again." or "550 Administrative prohibition" is due to the SMTP server blocking your attempt to send a message. Some typical causes:

• The domain used by your SMTP server is on one or more real time black lists (RBLs) and the recipients mail server is rejecting the message because a lot of spammers send mail from that domain. Try sending from another accounts SMTP server.
    • The recipient is in a domain that is on one or more real time black lists (RBLs). Your email provider won't let you send the message since they suspect you're either replying to spam or have been compromised or hacked. Try sending using a different SMTP server.

• The SMTP server can't authenticate you. See 5.7.1_Unable_to_relay . If you're sending mail from a Gmail account try adding the Gmail SMTP server and using it.
        • [*]You're sending from a SMTP server with a dynamic IP address. Some ISPs mail servers reject messages sent from dynamic IP addresses. This might occur if you are using a local SMTP server (perhaps a built-in SMTP server in a webmail add-on or Free SMTP Server) and have a dynamic IP address due to using PPP, DHCP, PPPoA , PPPoE or a wireless connection. Try sending the message using your ISPs SMTP server.

Link: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Administrative_Prohibition

Posted

Yeah I already saw that. But why would they block me? That's why I asked if someone can send a test email to [email protected] and then see the reply.

Posted

I received my monthly bill from LDN via email just today.

Regarding returned emails, yes sometimes their official email "[email protected]" gets some problem and email is returned. This happened with me and I sent again on next day which was success.