12 posts in this topic

Posted

I have researched couple of weeks ago about the trends for Online Shopping in Pakistan. I am quite surprised as well that a lot of people don't buy stuff online but very conscious to browse only which do not result in conversions of a website. At the end they just go to the local shops and say "We saw a low price in a website selling this product" etc etc

I also own an Online Shop in Pakistan but after researching a lot I started this thing some weeks ago. So what people want and what they don't want? Simply all the people are curios why we should trust a website whom they don't know. Well, we need to aware people that SCAMS in Web happens but there are some services or AUTHORITATIVE websites we trust which recommends the website as a good website or service provider. You can see different widgets at the footer of website saying SECURE and VERIFIED. That's the sign of a Trustworthiness.

I am positive in the near future that people will be more active to shop online their stuff than going to Bazaars and spending time on choices. Recently I talked to a Belgian guy who said his nation is also mysterious and cautious to shop Online. But a country like United Kingdom, United States and Netherlands? They are growing way to speedy in Online Shopping. Someday Pakistan will be the same :)

2 people like this

Posted

Jeez dont you think people can see all this clearly?

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess only first post was enough to let us think but other two posts are useless and the have ruined the impression of first post even :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Bro for online shopping Credit card is must i think, and imagine how many people in Pakistan owing a credit card?

And i think itz the main point why Pakistani are not shopping Online.

Ur website looking so attarctive

Posted

It all comes down to trust with regards to the deal, customer service reliability, after sales support and the security and privacy of payment/customer information. History indicates that most local businesses can't be easily trusted with most of those things.

That is one reason why cash on delivery is popular. That way, the customer can check the product in hand and then pay for it. Most shops don't realize that trust garners more future business and are willing to screw the customer for short term gains.

Posted

now almost all online stores offering Cash on Delivery

Posted

No https:// ???

Website design is nice

one day pplz of Pakistan start buying online BTW there is no need of CC in online shopping if you are in Pakistan :P

but i don't know why its take time to open :) it's look like you have ipage web hosting :) which mostly use vdeck panel try to optimize you cart

Posted

No https:// ???

Website design is nice

one day pplz of Pakistan start buying online BTW there is no need of CC in online shopping if you are in Pakistan :P

but i don't know why its take time to open :) it's look like you have ipage web hosting :) which mostly use vdeck panel try to optimize you cart

Yes I am using the Ipage Hosting which is a vDeck Panel. I started this website on the theme that one day people are gonna start buying stuff online. About CC I am a little bit worried because I am not sure whom to use. There are some expensive payment processors but I am thinking about Authorize.net and about https:// I may buy SSL certificate in the future, may be in January. All the things till now are done solely by me.

Posted

I believe online shopping is at the stage of "On your marks" as far as Pakistan is concerned. There are issues like C.C, a secure site and most importantly the trust of site owner. Like in your case I don't see a business address which is a BIG RED FLAG for most of the shoppers. Just my two cents!

Posted (edited)

I believe online shopping is at the stage of "On your marks" as far as Pakistan is concerned. There are issues like C.C, a secure site and most importantly the trust of site owner. Like in your case I don't see a business address which is a BIG RED FLAG for most of the shoppers. Just my two cents!

I am working to make my site more trustable as still I am in process. I have contacted TRUSTe and I will be using their SEAL as a trusting sign. Address and everything will be there in a while. About CC, by the end of September It will be functional. I am in DIRECT CONTACT with popular Brands so I understand the need of a trust worthy relation with the brands and the customers. I am also working on Registration of My business. I appreciate your points :)

Edited by Hassan Tariq

Posted

There is an audience that purchases via website.

I used to buy many things online but found very few pakistani websites selling quality products.

There are many successful websites that take collection on delivery. http://Lunch.pk is one of the interesting website takes money on delivery, these guys deliver home made lunch at offices and their salesman take cash on delivery. Similarly there are many other examples....

Posted

There is an audience that purchases via website.

I used to buy many things online but found very few pakistani websites selling quality products.

There are many successful websites that take collection on delivery. http://Lunch.pk is one of the interesting website takes money on delivery, these guys deliver home made lunch at offices and their salesman take cash on delivery. Similarly there are many other examples....

Well these guys are just limited to only Rawalpindi. But a good initiative towards Clean and healthy Home Made food for working people. And about Quality of products I am hell positive to only serve the quality stuff in my website. Online Shop Pakistan will actually be working more on Quality products in the website than low quality products and pricing will also be a factor.