Restoring access to Youtube/ blocked sites in Pakistan

70 posts in this topic

Posted

I"m sharing this method for those who wish to restore access to their blocked documents, blogs, other services that were wrongfully blocked without any prior reason. This is in no way, related or intended to piss off the keyboard jihadists of this forum. Use this method at your own discretion. Please refrain from posting in this thread other than queries or difficulties you may be experiencing. I'll update the guide with TOR for android as well. Stay tuned.

For desktop:

1. Download tor https://www.torproje...ad-easy.html.en

If you have tor, skip to step 3

2: Extract tor to a dir

3: Goto the extracted folder , inside that folder is a folder named app, in side that is an app named vidalia.exe, run that

4: It might complain about not being able to find tor.exe. It's in the same dir as vidalia.exe. Set the path when it asks for it.

5. After that, choose start tor on the main screen of vidalia. It will show up as connected to the tor network after a while

6. Now open firefox and install this addon https://addons.mozil...proxy-standard/

7. After restarting firefox, you'll see a small fox head with a cross over it on the right side of the address bar, right click on that and choose options

8. Choose add new proxy

9. Choose manual proxy, enable socks proxy, type localhost in the host or ipaddress section and type 9050 in the port section (Choose socks proxy)

10. After this go to the url patterns tab

11. there choose to add a new pattern

12. name it anything u want, and then in the "url pattern" box, type in a wildcard address .. i.e. for youtube type *youtube.com/*

13. This makes sure all of youtube's links will work. Make sure The whitlist option is enabled. Click ok

14. Likewise add any other site address you want that is blocked

15. After this choose ok and close the foxyproxy options box.

16. Now right click on the fox head and choose the top most option that is "Choose proxies based on their pre-defined priorities"

17. Have fun

Hope this helps. Please report back and confirm the method is working for all.

For android (with/ without ROOT):

Open Orbot on your Android device. Do not start Tor-ing, yet.

fix-orbot-tor-android-2-337x600.png

Step 2 - Go to Settings. From where? Tap the little ‘wrench’ icon on the screen.

fix-orbot-tor-android-3-337x600.png

Step 3 - Scroll to the bottom of the Settings screen.

fix-orbot-tor-android-4-337x600.png

Step 4 - Look for the “Use Default Iptables” option and check it.

fix-orbot-tor-android-5-337x600.png

Step 5 - Now go back and start Tor.

fix-orbot-tor-android-6-337x600.png

You are good to go just as it was before with now problems at all. Orbot (Tor) will work perfectly fine on your Android device. Just hope, your phone/tablet kernel supports Iptables.

Credit goes to the original source post :):

For those without "Root":

We need to install firefox for Orbot to make it work. Open firefox, type about:config in the searchbar, then enter the value after the =”)

:

• network.proxy.http = 127.0.0.1
  • network.proxy.http_port = 8118
  • network.proxy.socks = 127.0.0.1
  • network.proxy.socks_port = 9050
  • network.proxy.ssl = 127.0.0.1
  • network.proxy.ssl_port = 8118
  • network.proxy.type = 1
  • UPDATED: network.proxy.socks_remote_dns to “true” (click “toggle”)

This should help fix almost all the browsing problems on "Android". The Youtube app however is still finicky. Load the mobile site on frefox for the time being. It seems that Orbot is yet to be updated for compatability with both ICS/ JB devices.

Further info for changing DNS in android under Wifi:

Settings--> Wi-Fi --> Long click network --> --> Edit --> Check show advanced options --> Further options will be available below --> set IP settings to Static --> Type DNS 1 to 208.67.222.222 --> DNS 2 to 208.67.220.220

And you're done.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JDK

2 people like this

Posted

Good Work Bro...

But can u pls help me so i can access blocked google services on my samsung galaxy s3. Tor needs root access but my phone is not rooted. so any other way or any vpn that can help me to access google services. thx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Posted

An easier method for new users to use TOR would be to download Tor Browser bundle , extract it and run "Start Tor Browser" file. It will run Vidalia (Graphical interface for configuring and controlling Tor, Tor itself and Polipo, and after connecting successfully it will ring own browser (Firefox) which comes installed with some addons intended for security. Please note however, that you will not be able to use Flash , and thus youtube, with this method.

If using youtube or flash is pertinent, then I will suggest you resort to something like Hotspot shield as others have suggested, because TOR runs on volunteers' bandwidth and its advisable to not abuse it by streaming videos or downloading large amounts of data when you have other alternatives to do the same.

Posted

^ Yes. You can restore access even without root. Use "Orbot" for android.

Download it here

Orbot offers three interfaces into the Tor network:

• SOCKS 4A/5 proxy 127.0.0.1:9050
  • HTTP proxy 127.0.0.1:8118
  • Transparent proxying (on select devices)

For non-modified and non-rooted phones, you'll want to manually configure HTTP or SOCKS proxy settings for specific applications.

You can also install Firefox for Android from the market with the Proxy Mobile Add-on

An easier method for new users to use TOR would be to download Tor Browser bundle , extract it and run "Start Tor Browser" file. It will run Vidalia (Graphical interface for configuring and controlling Tor, Tor itself and Polipo, and after connecting successfully it will ring own browser (Firefox) which comes installed with some addons intended for security. Please note however, that you will not be able to use Flash , and thus youtube, with this method.

If using youtube or flash is pertinent, then I will suggest you resort to something like Hotspot shield as others have suggested, because TOR runs on volunteers' bandwidth and its advisable to not abuse it by streaming videos or downloading large amounts of data when you have other alternatives to do the same.

The method i have posted works with flash. You can try it for yourself.

Posted

its not working for me,even though i have done exactly the same.

Choose manual proxy, enable socks proxy, type localhost in the host or ipaddress section and type 9050 in the port section

enable proxy , do you mean socks proxy? <..

Posted

Yes. Socks proxy it is.

its not working for me,even though i have done exactly the same.

Choose manual proxy, enable socks proxy, type localhost in the host or ipaddress section and type 9050 in the port section

enable proxy , do you mean socks proxy? <..

Wasn't it obvious :P ??

Posted

Here's a much easier method.

1. Download UltraSurf.

2. Run it only when required.

3. Browse any blocked site. ;)

YwUnT.jpg

uqw5D.jpg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

@jDk oK i will try ur method on my galaxy s3 later...

Edit Post: Proxy mobile not supported for newer firefox v15.1 :(

Edited by Bilal1

Posted

^Yaar first try on desktop. I'll post workaround for android soon.

Posted

Its not working for me.. i have done what you have told but its not prcoessing youtube

Posted

@jDk i dont use tor on computer. i have a vpn software for pc use... if u can find any vpn that can work in mobile..

Posted

Its not working for me.. i have done what you have told but its not prcoessing youtube

this is not gonna work his method for accessing to Youtube is totally wrong Tor project software is so easy bacha bacha knows it

Posted

Use AdvOR v.0.3.0.7 (new versions frequently crash).

Posted

this is not gonna work his method for accessing to Youtube is totally wrong Tor project software is so easy bacha bacha knows it

I just configured 50 PCs with the same method for a friend, who uses Youtube for lectures. The method is working absolutely flawlessly.

Posted

i m downloading the tor but its slow let it download and will try it ... thanks for the guide

Posted

i am using paid hideipvpn proxy's with high speed everything opening here

Posted

hay y is the addon needed ?

anyhow i did setup this i just followd first few steps and straightly went to my favourite browser opera and in the socks proxy field just type localhost and port was 9050 .. now i can open any site ... thanks and hell with \PTA ....

"Naraya Tor \por"

Posted

That's for adding wildcard entries. You can add the blocked sites wild card entries in the extension, which will enable it to open all blocked sites. You could also try via that proxy as well. But with the addon its an added benefit, as you really don't need to run the proxy at all times by manually adjusting it. Just run TOR when u need it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Here's a much easier method.

1. Download UltraSurf.

2. Run it only when required.

3. Browse any blocked site. ;)

YwUnT.jpg

uqw5D.jpg

this method is much easier just like 1 2 3 thanks upsiloni

Edited by armada
1 person likes this

Posted

Use Expat shield, It assigns UK ip and in my experience its speed is better than ultra surf and tor browser. Download

you have to uninstall hotspot shield to install expat shield.

Posted

no one mentioned sumrando?

Posted

no one mentioned sumrando?

gonna try it in morning.. thx for share

Posted

gonna try it in morning.. thx for share

How is perfomance of sumrado as compare to other simillar software?

Posted

WOW, You have just used the right Words for those people who would never know how it's feel to use MS Office again after working for years on Google Docs.

keyboard jihadists

Simple Great.

Regards

Ali R. Khan

I"m sharing this method for those who wish to restore access to their blocked documents, blogs, other services that were wrongfully blocked without any prior reason. This is in no way, related or intended to piss off the keyboard jihadists of this forum. Use this method at your own discretion. Please refrain from posting in this thread other than queries or difficulties you may be experiencing. I'll update the guide with TOR for android as well. Stay tuned.

1. Download tor https://www.torproje...ad-easy.html.en

If you have tor, skip to step 3

2: Extract tor to a dir

3: Goto the extracted folder , inside that folder is a folder named app, in side that is an app named vidalia.exe, run that

4: It might complain about not being able to find tor.exe. It's in the same dir as vidalia.exe. Set the path when it asks for it.

5. After that, choose start tor on the main screen of vidalia. It will show up as connected to the tor network after a while

6. Now open firefox and install this addon https://addons.mozil...proxy-standard/

7. After restarting firefox, you'll see a small fox head with a cross over it on the right side of the address bar, right click on that and choose options

8. Choose add new proxy

9. Choose manual proxy, enable socks proxy, type localhost in the host or ipaddress section and type 9050 in the port section (Choose socks proxy)

10. After this go to the url patterns tab

11. there choose to add a new pattern

12. name it anything u want, and then in the "url pattern" box, type in a wildcard address .. i.e. for youtube type *youtube.com/*

13. This makes sure all of youtube's links will work. Make sure The whitlist option is enabled. Click ok

14. Likewise add any other site address you want that is blocked

15. After this choose ok and close the foxyproxy options box.

16. Now right click on the fox head and choose the top most option that is "Choose proxies based on their pre-defined priorities"

17. Have fun

Hope this helps. Please report back and confirm the method is working for all.

Regards,

JDK

Posted

Thank u very much sir.........!!!!!

i wnt to be as u................... :D:P:mellow::)