1. Download tor https://www.torproje...ad-easy.html.en
If you have tor, skip to step 3
2: Extract tor to a dir
3: Goto the extracted folder , inside that folder is a folder named app, in side that is an app named vidalia.exe, run that
4: It might complain about not being able to find tor.exe. It's in the same dir as vidalia.exe. Set the path when it asks for it.
5. After that, choose start tor on the main screen of vidalia. It will show up as connected to the tor network after a while
6. Now open firefox and install this addon https://addons.mozil...proxy-standard/
7. After restarting firefox, you'll see a small fox head with a cross over it on the right side of the address bar, right click on that and choose options
8. Choose add new proxy
9. Choose manual proxy, enable socks proxy, type localhost in the host or ipaddress section and type 9050 in the port section (Choose socks proxy)
10. After this go to the url patterns tab
11. there choose to add a new pattern
12. name it anything u want, and then in the "url pattern" box, type in a wildcard address .. i.e. for youtube type *youtube.com/*
13. This makes sure all of youtube's links will work. Make sure The whitlist option is enabled. Click ok
14. Likewise add any other site address you want that is blocked
15. After this choose ok and close the foxyproxy options box.
16. Now right click on the fox head and choose the top most option that is "Choose proxies based on their pre-defined priorities"
17. Have fun
Hope this helps. Please report back and confirm the method is working for all.
For android (with/ without ROOT):
Open Orbot on your Android device. Do not start Tor-ing, yet.
Step 2 - Go to Settings. From where? Tap the little ‘wrench’ icon on the screen.
Step 3 - Scroll to the bottom of the Settings screen.
Step 4 - Look for the “Use Default Iptables” option and check it.
Step 5 - Now go back and start Tor.
You are good to go just as it was before with now problems at all. Orbot (Tor) will work perfectly fine on your Android device. Just hope, your phone/tablet kernel supports Iptables.
Credit goes to the original source post :
For those without "Root":
We need to install firefox for Orbot to make it work. Open firefox, type about:config in the searchbar, then enter the value after the =”)
- network.proxy.http = 127.0.0.1
- network.proxy.http_port = 8118
- network.proxy.socks = 127.0.0.1
- network.proxy.socks_port = 9050
- network.proxy.ssl = 127.0.0.1
- network.proxy.ssl_port = 8118
- network.proxy.type = 1
- UPDATED: network.proxy.socks_remote_dns to “true” (click “toggle”)
Further info for changing DNS in android under Wifi:
Settings--> Wi-Fi --> Long click network --> --> Edit --> Check show advanced options --> Further options will be available below --> set IP settings to Static --> Type DNS 1 to 22.214.171.124 --> DNS 2 to 126.96.36.199
And you're done.
Hope this helps.