• Announcements

• Intermittent usage issues   08/31/2015

If you are experiencing intermittent issues with using the website, do the following: Clear your browser cache.Clear your browser cookies, especially all those relating to this website.Login again and use as normal.If issues still persist, update your web browser to its latest version and try again.

Youtube Alternatives

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well, since youtube has been blocked, many of you are pi$$ed off, but you're not willing to use proxies, VPNs or anti-censorship softwares. So for those of you, here are a few decent youtube alternatives.

http://www.dailymotion.com/

DailyMotion is by far the best YT alternative. It is well-organized, has multiple categories, and has a huge amount of videos uploaded daily.

LVue5.jpg

http://www.metacafe.com/

MetaCafe is yet another good YT alrernative. The interface is not so good, but it still has the remaining qualities of a good YT-like video-streaming site.

2uTeP.jpg

http://www.veoh.com/

Veoh is a little different, and their add-placing is also a bit annoying. But their categorization is pretty vast, amount of daily videos is high and they also have a forum for video discussions.

BNGI3.jpg

These are IMO three of the best Youtube alternatives for now. They provide most of the features & videos that you'd find on youtube & then more.

There are many other video-streaming sites, but they're not very similar to youtube, so i haven't included them here. But I'll add more of these here as i find them.

So yeah, try them & let me know if you liked them. And if you know any other similar youtube-like video-streaming sites, do post them here.

Edited by Upsilon

Posted

Back in 2005 there was stage6, nothing of these match is quality.

Veoh was based on it I think ?

Currently most Pakistani channels are using daily motion

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Posted (edited)

In my opinion, there really isn't a "real" YouTube alternative yet because most of the other sites are concentrated too much on a certain video genre and then to look for another type of genre you have to look at other sites, while on YouTube it's like all compiled in one.

Just look at the video hits. You don't get over a million hits in other websites... on just ONE video. Just shows that the world is watching YouTube. Not just one or two countries. It' the whole world. That's why I love YouTube you can experience other cultures with just a click of your mouse.

Edited by armada

Posted (edited)

vimeo is another good option for video arts lover

Edited by armada

Posted

@yousaf465 Honestly speaking, I think we should look for a better youtube alternative anyway (whether it is kept blocked or not). Cause they're continually increasing advertisements, and it is only a matter of time before they make a premium membership option or something like that.

@armada Yeah i had checked Vimeo, the site is good, but the type & amount of videos is highly limited. Not really a youtube alternative IMO.

Posted

you can disappear YouTube ads if you install ad blocking ad-dons in your browsers

Posted

^This is just another web proxy... web proxies are very show and not fully functional with a multi domain websites, i.e. Youtube is using external domains e.g ytimg.com and other Google hosted domains for its content.

Posted

I think vpn is better for slow speed use Pro version of any VPN.

Posted

Is there any website (paid or free) that offers viewing Youtube videos from their server? For example, if the website is www.xyz.com. We go to www.xyz.com, browse Youtube videos or enter a Youtube video URL. The site www.xyz.com fetches the video from youtube and plays for us through their own server.

Posted (edited)

@yousaf465 Honestly speaking, I think we should look for a better youtube alternative anyway (whether it is kept blocked or not). Cause they're continually increasing advertisements, and it is only a matter of time before they make a premium membership option or something like that.

@armada Yeah i had checked Vimeo, the site is good, but the type & amount of videos is highly limited. Not really a youtube alternative IMO.

I was right dailymotion is the most search youtube tube alternative.

http://www.google.co...oday 7-d&cmpt=q

Youtube is owned by google so I don't think premium membership will be offered.

By the look of things, Metacafe is not gonna survive in Pakistan, PTA is gonna block it at some point in time.

Veoh previously blocked users from Pakistan so that leaves dailymotion as the only viable option.

Edited by yousaf465
1 person likes this

Posted

Dailymotion.com is not opening properly, on PTCL DSL.

Is anyone facing same issue?

Posted

^ Yes. Site is all garbled. Just text, no flash, video or images loading >_>

Posted

when will these morons unblock youtube .. and otherr google products ? these religious thugs and moron politician are just good at hitting their own feet with the axe ... i use utube for listening to l;ectures and tutorials .. hell with pta ..

1 person likes this

Posted

If TOR is slow for you, use https version. It takes a reload or two for videos to load, but it definitely works. But, you will need to change the DNS, because both google's and PTCL's DNS seems to be effed up atm. Alternate b/w OpenDNS & Google DNS, it will help fix the problem.

Posted (edited)

@jhagra Don't expect it for a few weeks at least. Google has clearly refused to remove the video multiple times, and other than being court ordered to remove the video from certain countries, nothing 'big' is happening right now. Keep viewing the "PM Pakistan ordered PTA to Block Youtube" thread for updates.

Also, give method a try (if you haven't already) for bypassing blocked sites.

@jDk & shafiq It seems PTCL is doing much worse than the rest of the ISPs nowadays. I'm on LDN, and other than Youtube itself & webpages related to the anti-islamic video, nothing else is blocked or garbled.

Edited by Upsilon

Posted

@Shafiq, jDk

Dailymotion is screwed, I can confirm it from my end. The cause is "dmcdn.net" where DM external data e.g. css, thumbs, media is stored, and it's blocked/screwed by ISPs, or at least PeeTeeCL.

After Youtube, they're now screwing other sites without any formal notice. This is the worst censorship I ever seen, the site will not be on their list, but still you'll not be able to access it properly, thanks to their Incapable/Faulty filter system, which is the main culprit, and slow browsing/timeouts etc are not even counted, which are the side effects :(.

There is also another problem with us, here once you give the power to someone's hand, then he will start abusing it ASAP :(. PTA is just a mere example.

Posted

If TOR is slow for you, use https version. It takes a reload or two for videos to load, but it definitely works. But, you will need to change the DNS, because both google's and PTCL's DNS seems to be effed up atm. Alternate b/w OpenDNS & Google DNS, it will help fix the problem.

ya tor is slow but https is absolutlely not working.. dont know y.. i just added the s after http in the url in the beginning ... i am realy pisss3d ..

Posted

I was thining that Daily Motion is good alternative of outube but i didnt find many common videos on DM.. its also not working properly on my internet

Posted

I was thining that Daily Motion is good alternative of outube but i didnt find many common videos on DM.. its also not working properly on my internet

Use dailt motion mobile app.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Posted

So apparently here's a youtube mirror site. It works all fine & loads up just about all the youtube videos. Just one big deal-breaker is the fact that it currently only plays 240p videos...

Still, not bad if you're desperate for youtube.  :P

http://www.ishowtube.com/

Posted

i think dailymotion is not like youtube, and we cant compair the site with youtube, youtube is the best and every one can watch many videos, and dailymotion contain very less videos against youtube...

Posted

I think there is no alternative of youtube

Posted

I'm using and loving tune.pk now a days. It's developed by Pakistani people and its a good one. I think it's a Pakistani youtube.