• Announcements

• Intermittent usage issues   08/31/2015

If you are experiencing intermittent issues with using the website, do the following: Clear your browser cache.Clear your browser cookies, especially all those relating to this website.Login again and use as normal.If issues still persist, update your web browser to its latest version and try again.

Connect Communications users

2,015 posts in this topic

Posted

@40 mbps.

I had used connect communication for 3months before I reactivated MAXCOM just after they revise their packages. Who told you that its a 2mb connection but in fact, their total bandwidth is like to be 2M(E1 line) brought from Multinet and there is one other E1 line taken from TWA.

At your home, you are been rerouted through a long route by connect servers kept at shareah-e-faisal.

For every house, they object to give 256K unlimited connection without capping per connection I means you can stretch their bandwidth as much you want as they just allocated you a place in their MAINS, there is no one who is monitoring you for bandwidth controlling.

In morning, It sometimes goes to 4M or near 6M as cable is free very less users use to go on internet in that time.

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=401

See my screen shot, see how stable speed is, the jerks you see in actually caused by due to my wrong selection of RS server.

~50Mb file download from RS is almost impossible if you are using connect. Downloading a few MB file from RS, "oh forget it you can't even download it if I give 1month time period" as you have to wait a lot and sync breakage.

browsing is extremely slow on connect, it seems you say 0001010 then few miles away another person standing on some house-roof hear your message then forward it to next responsible person and so on.

So no control over your connection i means see what happen if any of them slips away then what about your message???. In fact, I can prove this as you open a web link e.g:-ABC.com sometimes IE or FIREFOX stop working as no signs of moving logo in that time, actually when you click on “GO” button as at the same time sync between your PC and the web breaks due to that FIREFOX shows nothing but then you click again on ‘GO” this time it will works so what does this shows? That ping or sync breaks as you are not directly connected to internet you are been rerouted.

I don't know about your experience but on my end, its really happens that I have to refresh web-pages again and again just like to what when their agent come to house at a time of limited LAN connectivity and used to refresh my desktop every sec.

A second prove is “Azam book store add”, whatever you open this add is MUST. Thus makes you to irritate and caused browsing slow. Do you notice about your LATENCY never fall below then 350ms in my experience.

You have given connect 7stars in Service & Performance, I think you don’t know well about connect.

OKEY I AM GIVING A CHALLENGE that download a 50Mb file size from RS if you got success in that then let me know.

Post screen shots as I do.

Posted (edited)

Now what you people think that internet is all about speed? I am considering only connect users.

Not at all, QoS, technical support, quality, medium of delivery, MASTER computers, back-up system all make up a real ISP.

Connect don't have proper back-up. Whenever, light goes or comes you have redial connect servers again. The worst thing about connect lies in their dialer, what freaking mind they do have that for internet use dialer and for FTP you just need LAN connectivity but even though you don't even touch their dialer but if your ID is expired then you can't use their FTP too.

So everything depends on their dialer.

Edited by Wasif ali

Posted

NOW WHY I SAYS ATTENTION!!!

I HAVE A HACK FOR YOU PEOPLE IN FACT, YOU CAN TAKE IT AS SECRET NOT A HACK REALLY BUT I CALL IT AS A HACK.

JUST USE Azureus Vuze AND DOWNLOAD WHAT ITS DELIVEERS "on Vuze".

DOES YOU GOT IT WHAT I MEAN?

Posted

I HAVE A HACK FOR YOU PEOPLE IN FACT, YOU CAN TAKE IT AS SECRET NOT A HACK REALLY BUT I CALL IT AS A HACK.

Wasif, no CAPS!

Posted

Ooo.... u need help dude..

Posted

@lashback no man don't you read my first post how much detailed response it was.

Just do what I say and discover the real secret lies inside.

But remember download what it is available on "on Vuze".

You MUST have speed boost up to 60kb and NAT to be green.

You idol lashback. Now happy.

Posted

Dear Wasif bhai , Connect or NO Connect ,one will still have problems from downloading files from RS. until the buy a Premium account for it , Because Day By Day RS is Restricting their free users :( ,

and You Challenge 50 :D i have even downloaded a 80MB file :) offcourse from Rapidshare.com ,i dont have the Screenshot yet , but the next time i will download something i will surely post it here 4 you ;)

for now i only have MU.com Screenshot . Downloading a 98MB file ,if you wanna see that do lemme know

i have been using Connect From 4 months ,and now the problems you hav said are Completely gone except that '' Azam Book Centre Add '' but that can be fixed too , ;) and Day By Day Connect is improving their Service , Even in Daytime We Connect users are Having Download speeds upto 100-300KB some times even more than 500KB .

offcourse everything depends on Speed , Give me Just 2 Hour a Day and a 10MB Connection i'll be happy with that :D

and the facts you mentioned about dialer are'nt true or they are changed ,YEAH !! They are , Dialer is Only needed now to Browse sites and Downloads . But For their Servers a Dialer is not needed anymore :) you can Play CS. NFS . , Download Movies and watch 4 TV CHANNELS on CONNEcTS WEB TV , LISTEN TO CONNECT Radio'(a new Rocking service by connect ;) ) From Their Entertainment Server ''Dodear'' .

The thing you said about Vuze ,i just dont Understand it , Your Words Just make my head spin :( sorry no offence

And Sorry for my bad eng. ( i know )

Posted (edited)

Dude, i disagree.. You may be having problems in your area.. I always get around 200kB/s during the peak timings and from 4 am till 10 am, it boosts upto 500Kb/s to 600 kB/s.

And for the past few weeks, the uptime has also been 98%, which is really impressive..Yes, the browsing was sluggish few weeks ago, i guess i made a topic about it as well, but then after a few days it got better.. As far as dialer is concerned, i asked this issue from their CSR, he told me that if you keep on connecting and disconnecting frequently, your account is temporarily suspended for a few minutes.. I dont know how does that work.. but anyway, What more do you want in just Rs 600/month?

Edited by 40 mbps

Posted

in my case its only 500/- :)

Posted (edited)

Yeah, i have some friends in the Defence area where they pay even Rs 1200/= for the same deal.. As the connect guys don't deal directly with the customers, this makes it easier for the cable walas to grab as much $ out of it as possible..

Just saw the coverage area on there website, its spread all across the city

Coverage area: http://connect.net.pk/coveragearea.php

Download Movies and watch 4 TV CHANNELS on CONNEcTS WEB TV , LISTEN TO CONNECT Radio'(a new Rocking service by connect wink ) From Their Entertainment Server ''Dodear'

Yup dodear is really impressive, considering the fact how quickly they update newly released movies, games and other entertainment media..

First cyber radio in Pakistan, thats a big deal..! Its easy to let other users listen to your queries/complains or convey to the connect administration by just giving a call to the RJ at some radio show.. Yesterday i was listening to some show where the COO of connect comm. was invited and was answering to the complains people had been making related to the connect services..

Edited by 40 mbps

Posted (edited)

The thing you said about Vuze ,i just dont Understand it , Your Words Just make my head spin :( sorry no offence

And Sorry for my bad eng. ( i know )

Download Azureus Vuze first if you don't have it then see for "On vuze" button at the top just after dashboard. Select some content to download from what "On vuze" delivers.

For this, you need to click on "On vuze" first then wait for some time page to be fully loaded, once the page is loaded then at the time you mouse-over on any MATERIAL(mostly Videos,Games, Softwares, Music etc) you will see a download button now click on DOWNLOAD BUTTON and then look for the speed difference. You MUST have a speed upgrade of +60kb.

On regular torrents I got 150kb (Personal experience) MAX I don't know about yours. So in this way, you can have ULTIMATE speed of connect through this technique.

Look below:-

2002839958734978608_th.jpg

2004557654201365873_th.jpg

Edited by Wasif ali

Posted (edited)

@40mbps ,My bro you may also know that speed depends on several factors . mostly on The Equipments CableWala is using (i.e SwITCHERs, CONVERTERs , Cables Etc etc )

in my case i know the Condition of his equipment very well :D

and you are right , already getting 100KB Unlimited download so nothing more is needed ;) CONNECT ROX ;)

Download Azureus Vuze first if you don't have it then see for "On vuze" button at the top just after dashboard. Select some content to download from what "On vuze" delivers.

For this, you need to click on "On vuze" first then wait for some time page to be fully loaded, once the page is loaded then at the time you mouse-over on any MATERIAL(mostly Videos,Games, Softwares, Music etc) you will see a download button now click on DOWNLOAD BUTTON and then look for the speed difference. You MUST have a speed upgrade of +60kb.

On regular torrents I got 150kb (Personal experience) MAX I don't know about yours. So in this way, you can have ULTIMATE speed of connect through this technique.

Look below:-

http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/49272/2002839958734978608_th.jpg

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/51319/2004557654201365873_th.jpg

Thanks a mill man i will try it and let u know if it works ;)

FROM DOWNLOADS ON "ON VUZE" TAB . I am Getting about 200KB TOO NOW :| zOMG This Works dude hope it also works for other trackers ;)

Edited by n@33m

Posted (edited)

Yeah i tried VUZE in the morning, was getting around 400kB/s

Edited by 40 mbps

Posted

Sometimes Connect disconnects, for example when I put torrents on at night it disconnects and is there a way for it to automatically connect again. I left it on yesterday night and disconnected at around 2-3, and wasn't downloading anything till I had to connect it again in the morning.

Is this an issue from connect, or could it be my cablewala doing something.

BTW I only got Connect yesterday, I'll also try that Vuze thing.

Posted

It doesn't get disconnect that often at my side.. But yes, the "connect again?" message is so unholy! You can't automatically connect to the internet without clicking on 'yes'

Posted (edited)

Besides the disconnection thing it's really good service, I'm for once actually impressed(again besides the disconnections).

Also what is that APR thing, should I install it or not?

Edited by Kronic

Posted

Torrents don't go faster then 35kbps, even with that Vuze trick.

So basically I download something from Vuze, and then? Because the file downloading from Vuze goes faster then 35kbps, but the other torrent doesn't.

Posted

Also what is that APR thing, should I install it or not?

you talking about that antiARP thing ? well my friend its just useless forget it

and yeah torrents from other trackers are still on 35KB limit , that ain't cool , but 35KB is good considering the fact that it was no more than 5-12KB before .

Posted

Torrents don't go faster then 35kbps, even with that Vuze trick.

So basically I download something from Vuze, and then? Because the file downloading from Vuze goes faster then 35kbps, but the other torrent doesn't.

Downloading via VUZE is too simple to be called a trick.. I have no idea why would they throttle the torrent speeds while they're giving super fast speeds on http downloads..

I got a problem here.. The images are not being loaded properly at my end.. Like if im browsing through a website, the pictures won't get loaded completely.. Only the half of them would be visible and the rest would not.. Is someone else having the same problem?

Posted

Images load here just fine, it's a strange problem. What about if you refresh the page, do the images fully appear?

About the throttling torrent speeds, well most download or in fact heavy downloading is easily done through torrents, that means more bandwidth is used. Also bandwidth costs money to the company.

Yeah I was talking about the AntiAPR thing, so far I haven't installed it and getting my full service, if not better.

Posted

Nope, its the same even if i reload it many times.. Like i said ive even switched to different browsers but no use

Posted

That's quite strange, I doubt it's a problem with connect. Maybe your computer.

Well my internet disconnects quite a few times, which is a problem with the cablenet wala. Which is a shame because connects service is quite good.

Posted

Now days connect sucking meeeee very much.

Its disconnects daily in evening to midnight, and thts the time of usage.

But it happens to my area only.

Posted

The disconnection rate is not that frequent on my end.. By the way their CS ranking website is down, right?

Posted

The CS ranking site is working here, but the format is all messed up. Not showing it in proper table, it's all just text.