Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to cancel my current DSL connection?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

OK I got a DSL connection on a friend's ptcl line last month (he lives right next to my place so we shared the line).

Now I've got my own PTCL landline, and I'm about to apply for my own connection. How do I cancel this current DSL connection on friend's line? Do I have to visit them and fill up an application? Will there be any extra termination charges? I dont want the phone line to be cancelled, just the DSL connection on it.

I'm sure some of you might've done this when switching to other ISPs for DSL. let me know please.

:)

Posted

I had to close PTCL DSL normal package as I had to get their Student Package. I asked helpline about it. They said go to your local exchange with a termination application, last month's paid telephone bill and modem for cancellation of DSL. This is what I did.

They had no idea however how to cancel a connection, lol, my cancellation was their first experience. It happened quick though since the staff here is helpful. Good luck.

Oh and yeah, to confirm that DSL has been indeed terminated, go to order page of PTCL DSL and give the number on which you canceled DSL. If it gives error that DSL is already present then its not completely canceled, if it goes to 2nd step without any error then its terminated.

Posted

OK I got a DSL connection on a friend's ptcl line last month (he lives right next to my place so we shared the line).

Now I've got my own PTCL landline, and I'm about to apply for my own connection. How do I cancel this current DSL connection on friend's line? Do I have to visit them and fill up an application? Will there be any extra termination charges? I dont want the phone line to be cancelled, just the DSL connection on it.

I'm sure some of you might've done this when switching to other ISPs for DSL. let me know please.

:)

Yo. Abbas where did you download the movie WHORE from? its the Megan Fox one right? Did it worK?... Let me know the link? Thanks!

Posted

Yo. Abbas where did you download the movie WHORE from? its the Megan Fox one right? Did it worK?... Let me know the link? Thanks!

Very Simple call 1236 ;)

Google4u

Posted

Thanks for replies Joker & Google4me

@joker.theknight

the one i got was the 1993 one. From IPTorrents. I haven't seen the megan fox one. i think its a remake.

Posted (edited)

Abbas and Joker,

Whom should I write the application to ? PTCL DSL Officer?

A copy of NIC is required?

Edited by isharis

Posted

isharis - yeah and I forgot if CNIC copy was required or not, just take it with you to be safe.

Posted (edited)

Do I need to take away my modem with me for permanent disconnection ?

Edit: The answer is Yes.

Edited by isharis