• Announcements

• Intermittent usage issues   08/31/2015

If you are experiencing intermittent issues with using the website, do the following: Clear your browser cache.Clear your browser cookies, especially all those relating to this website.Login again and use as normal.If issues still persist, update your web browser to its latest version and try again.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need Static IP from PTCL.

19 posts in this topic

Posted

AOA,

Iam using Micronet DSL connection .Though it is working fine but i want to switch to PTCL broadband with static IP address at my home .Actually iam a MCSE student and for Exchange Server /ISA server practive it require static IP . I have call the PTCl but they said that there is no facility from there side to give static IP to the user.

The 2nd thing for which i want to switch to PTCL is that they are offering Smart TV. Any PTCL user may guide me that whats is the service quality they are providing in ISlamabad/Rawalpindi ? The internet as well smart TV.What is your opinion about it?

Posted

Got to their website and look for Business DSL then contact the centers they have mentioned. Static IP will be not cheap though.

Posted

Got to their website and look for Business DSL then contact the centers they have mentioned. Static IP will be not cheap though.

PTCL is not providing static ip for consumers, whereas LDN is providing static ip 200 rs per ip / month

Posted

PTCL is not providing static ip for consumers, whereas LDN is providing static ip 200 rs per ip / month

yeah they providing really good facility of STATIC IP :D ... well, but did i mention that static IP will not be useless when their DSL sucks like hell?

Posted

First well its better to have smart tv package from PTCL as its very good to have it over normal PTCL DSL Connection.

Second why you are looking for static IP address for Exchange Server /ISA server , you can run both over URL bases and by using www.no-ip.com service you can have yours own URL & dynamic IP addresses problem will be sloved.

Google4u

Posted

ic i have sean the PTCL "Download Broadband Installation Guide" in the TCP/IP they gave calss C IP address and at the end they choose "Obtain IP address Automatically but in the DNS the IP remains as it is.

Well it means that if we use ipconfig command it will show us the class C ip address which we gave durning installation.In the guide they rovide 192.168.1.3 IP address.So each time the windows start the IP will be same or it will change.If u r using PTCL broadband please check your ip at the moment ,disable it and again check that is the class C IP address is same or it is new one now.

thanks

Posted (edited)

ic i have sean the PTCL "Download Broadband Installation Guide" in the TCP/IP they gave calss C IP address and at the end they choose "Obtain IP address Automatically but in the DNS the IP remains as it is.

Well it means that if we use ipconfig command it will show us the class C ip address which we gave durning installation.In the guide they rovide 192.168.1.3 IP address.So each time the windows start the IP will be same or it will change.If u r using PTCL broadband please check your ip at the moment ,disable it and again check that is the class C IP address is same or it is new one now.

well 2nd thing for ISA/Exchange 2003 they need a static IP with dynamic IP how can i run.Please write in a bit detail.

thanks

Edited by sky

Posted

What good is static IP anyway other than businesses :P.

Posted

what is "LDN " Abbrivation of

Posted

what is "LDN " Abbrivation of

LDN = LINK DOT NET

do u really live in pakistan ;)

Posted

well most of people need Static ip , like those have to watch/monitor their offices/branches sitting in different cities/area/country , for VOIP/ call center or some other people those don't want their ip to be changed

Posted

you advertise LDN every chance you get. working on commission?

Posted

dude use DynDNS

Posted

thanks

192.168.1.3 is the internal IP provided to your computer by your ADSL modem. You can choose to have the modem provide it to you automatically when windows starts or you can choose one yourself and that will remain fixed.

The dynamic IP WAN IP that PTCL assigns you is assigned to your modem and you can see it in one of your modem settings in the install guide where it says to obtain IP automatically. If you change this setting you need to know the WAN IP provided to you by PTCL. PTCL does not disclose this info and they usually change your WAN IP periodically.

There are some dynamic-to-static IP converter services available online but they are usually not free. They provide you with a static IP and then associate your dynamic IP with it. Then they monitor your dynamic IP. When your dynamic IP changes, they update your static IP with the new dynamic IP. So it is like having a static IP. Do search online maybe you will find a free one.

Posted

nope .. he is an employee :P

Posted

the reason to switch PTCL is their smart TV with DSL .But the IP is Dynamic that's why i am hesitating.

Posted (edited)

ammar malik if i m giving him some info which i have then any issue with you ?? .. i just told him what i know even i didnt ask him to get LDN at any cost or i force him to switch to LDN , he is asking about static IP so i told him simply .. i think you have some issue .. do u ?

Edited by DJNOMI

Posted

well I have mention above about the www.no-ip.com services ..... and do one more thing you want to have hit directly to the server then add port forwarding in modem.

Google4u

Posted (edited)

AOA

i am CCNA, MCSE , MCITP , MCITP with Exchange 2010..

there is no need of static ip for these type of labs. just use a good ptcl DSL and dyndns.com it will give u a dynamic updater client .

for staic ip MBL is good. and cheap.

lol..

Edited by paki007