287 posts in this topic

Posted

Bump

Posted

waiting for the reply

Posted

waiting for the reply

Posted (edited)

i want to give one ups to a person who is in need of running only ONE fan (ceiling fan) 2 energy savers of 24 watts, i think 500 watts UPS wud b enough but i need to know how much bigger battery (lead acid) wud b enough to handle this load for n hour ?

kindly reply .

please note that the electricity shut down intervals are about 4 hours , so in these 4 hours i guess the battery will b charged enough to act as standby for an hour.

Kindl;y also suggest the brand name of UPS n battery too.

thanks

Edited by nadeem5476

Posted (edited)

i want to give one ups to a person who is in need of running only ONE fan (ceiling fan) 2 energy savers of 24 watts, i think 500 watts UPS wud b enough but i need to know how much bigger battery (lead acid) wud b enough to handle this load for n hour ?

kindly reply .

please note that the electricity shut down intervals are about 4 hours , so in these 4 hours i guess the battery will b charged enough to act as standby for an hour.

Kindl;y also suggest the brand name of UPS n battery too.

thanks

Edited by nadeem5476

Posted

I have inverter Homage 2000, Due to short circuit we got the error msg on the screen of inverter "FAULT 0" , can any body tell me where is the inverter fuse located?

Posted

I have inverter Homage 2000, Due to short circuit we got the error msg on the screen of inverter "FAULT 0" , can any body tell me where is the inverter fuse located?

Posted

plz help me my inverter give the error message "FAULT 0"... I replace the fuse because fuse melt due to short ciruit....

plz help me how can I remove this error "FAULT 0",, MY UPS trip..

Posted

plz help me my inverter give the error message "FAULT 0"... I replace the fuse because fuse melt due to short ciruit....

Posted

Homage provides 10 amps/hr to the battery during charge phase so after running 3 fans your battery should be able to recharge fully within 1 hr, provided you start with a fully charged battery.

@Raza0007

Can you please explain this by giving calculations ?

10A/Hour provided to battery for one hour and running 3 fans (How much amperage fans consumes when on battery and Wapda)

Regards.

Posted

Homage provides 10 amps/hr to the battery during charge phase so after running 3 fans your battery should be able to recharge fully within 1 hr, provided you start with a fully charged battery.

@Raza0007

10A/Hour provided to battery for one hour and running 3 fans (How much amperage fans consumes when on battery and Wapda)

Regards.

Posted

@Raza0007

Regards.

Hi Qasim,

Sorry, but I have stopped coming here frequently, so did not see your post before today. Send me a brief email next time so I know.

My calculations were based on this calculator. If you have a 100 AH battery and you run 3 fans of 70 W each, then the total run time would be 2.3 hrs. Meaning your battery will drain to zero after 2.3 hrs, unlikely in real world as homage inverter will shut down when your battery reaches 20% charge-left stage.

So, from the calculator, if you run 3 fans for one hour then your battery is almost 50% drained. At 10 A/h charge rate, technically it should take 5 hrs for your battery to charge back to 100%, however in real world, rate of charging depends on many other factors, so all you can calculate is an approximate figure. For your specific case you can calculate the time homage takes to charge your battery after one hr use.

I hope I answered your questions...

Posted

@Raza0007

Regards.

Hi Qasim,

Sorry, but I have stopped coming here frequently, so did not see your post before today. Send me a brief email next time so I know.

My calculations were based on this calculator. If you have a 100 AH battery and you run 3 fans of 70 W each, then the total run time would be 2.3 hrs. Meaning your battery will drain to zero after 2.3 hrs, unlikely in real world as homage inverter will shut down when your battery reaches 20% charge-left stage.

So, from the calculator, if you run 3 fans for one hour then your battery is almost 50% drained. At 10 A/h charge rate, technically it should take 5 hrs for your battery to charge back to 100%, however in real world, rate of charging depends on many other factors, so all you can calculate is an approximate figure. For your specific case you can calculate the time homage takes to charge your battery after one hr use.

Posted

Only Homage dealer or authorized service person will be able to tell you how to reset your inverter after replacing your fuze. Each unit/model is different and probably have a different method of resetting.

Posted

Only Homage dealer or authorized service person will be able to tell you how to reset your inverter after replacing your fuze. Each unit/model is different and probably have a different method of resetting.

Posted

Hi Qasim,

Thanks a lot

Posted

Hi Qasim,

Thanks a lot

Posted

Thanks a lot for replying

Posted

Thanks a lot for replying

Posted

am using Aurora UPS modified SINE Wave 1000VA/600 watts. I am facing the problem that the UPS is continously charging the battery for last 4 days without being used as there is no loadshedding and the fans of ups is continously running.I have taken the UPS to Aurora office they checked the UPS and found that the UPS does not cut off charging even when the battery is fully charged and continously supply a charge of 0.7 to 0.8 Amperes to fully charged battery. My question is that wheter it is a fault or not that the UPS continously charge the fully charge battery with 0.7 Amperes for ever without being used in case of no loadshedding and the UPS does not cut off charging it will in any way damage the battery or not. Please reply me at the earliest

Posted

am using Aurora UPS modified SINE Wave 1000VA/600 watts. I am facing the problem that the UPS is continously charging the battery for last 4 days without being used as there is no loadshedding and the fans of ups is continously running.I have taken the UPS to Aurora office they checked the UPS and found that the UPS does not cut off charging even when the battery is fully charged and continously supply a charge of 0.7 to 0.8 Amperes to fully charged battery. My question is that wheter it is a fault or not that the UPS continously charge the fully charge battery with 0.7 Amperes for ever without being used in case of no loadshedding and the UPS does not cut off charging it will in any way damage the battery or not. Please reply me at the earliest

Posted

am using Aurora UPS modified SINE Wave 1000VA/600 watts. I am facing the problem that the UPS is continously charging the battery for last 4 days............................

Yes, this is a fault in the UPS and you should get it fixed as soon as possible, otherwise it will ruin your battery. A functional UPS should detect when the battery is fully charged and shut off the charging current.

Posted (edited)

FAULT 0 means that Inverter is not Providing the Feedback signal in Battery Mode, do the following checks

1) Secondary side H-Bridge MOSFETS IRF740 have Shorted, its not a Fuse Problem, give it to Company they will fix it for U

2) check the Change over Relays Contacts sometimes they get weld due to short circuit,

3) check the Track on the PCB near the Current sensing Tx sometimes they burns up

Regards

Engr Asad Hameed

Nustain

Edited by hameeds01

Posted

@hameeds01, raza and other homage customers

I am in rwp/isb region and considering a UPS for my home use (5 fans + 10 energy savors) and I believe the 2kva would fulfil my needs. I have read quite a few posts in this discussion and haven't seen any major issues coming up with Homage UPS inverter. Just a few questions:

1. How much input does a ceiling fan at full speed require?

2. Do you have idea how good is their customer support in ISB? My concern is that if a UPS stops functioning and I unplug it and bring it to them, how good are they at quickly resolving the issue ?

3. Is the first year parts + service really on them and do they stand by this claim?

Thanks

Posted

I am in rwp/isb region and considering a UPS for my home use ....................

@Bhatti,

1) Most fans consume max 70 W (that would be the wattage consumed at max speed). The wattage is usually written on the fan itself or you can call the company and inquire the wattage of your specific model.

2) I bought my homage 1kva in Jan 2009. It has given me no problem up till now. I have never even called the customer service even once. Perhaps someone else can answer your question.

3) 1 year free service is for factory defect only. If you damage the inverter by incorrect installation etc. I am sure they will ask you to foot the bill.

If you buy homage make sure you get it from the authorized retailers of the company. Also make sure it is the imported Chinese one and not the locally assembled one. Also, observe it closely for the first week to make sure it is operating as it should and not over-charging your battery. If you find any problem get it fixed from the company free of charge.