Free to air channels in Pakistan

227 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This thread is being started to get all the findings and experiences of all the users about Free to air technology. There are many channels which are free to air and people are getting them without paying any monthly/per annum fees. The details of such channels could be found on:

www.lyngsat.com

But a problem remains there. Most of us are from Pakistan and when we talk about free to air channels in Pakistan, we want information on four basic things:

Which and how many dish to be used?

Which satelite receiver to be used?

WHich and how manylnb's to be used?

Which satelites I should opt? e.g AsiaSat3S,

When we visit in market, every shopkeeper gives his own bogus information without any guarantee. So you all are requested to explain all tits bits related to Free to air channels reception in Pakistan.

Regards

Edited by Imran

Posted

One most important point you should kept in mind is that u must check that there is no wimax(Wireless DSL) tower in your area otherwise you are going to waste your money and time.Same happen to most of the fans including myself as From last two and a half years there is interruption in C band channels(all Pakistani channels are on C band) as Wimax is using same frequency i.e used by C band Channels.C band filters are very expensive so u must check this before investing as even dish size or any receiver will not help.So i think in Metros we must rely on cable or Suntv or IPTV for Pakistani channels.

Posted

^In my aea there are no wimax signals even and you talking about towe. WImax tower of wateen is 5 to 6 km away from my house but no signals in my area.

What do you think which lnb's I should purchase.

Posted

Wimax problem can be solve by using Single Solution LNB. thats what i did. Its expensive tho (i bought it for 1500 few months ago and now its above 2000) but thats the only solution available in Pakistani market. I still have problem with weaker frequencies coz the wimax tower is about hundred meters from my house.

Pakistani channels are available on 5 satellites so the answer for 1st question is either u use 5 dishes (for best result) or a motorized dish . Multi LNB solution is also available.

There are many sat receivers available in the market mostly china made obviously and cheaper ranging from 2000-3500. as we are talking about FTA (Free To Air) channels so any FTA reciever would do the job nicely.

U need access to atleast 3 sats to get most of the pakistani channels including big names like Geo, ARY, Hum TV, Express, Indus Network. Paksat is one of them which carrys only Pakistani channels. It used to has 4-5 channels couple of years ago but many channels have joined this sat due to the low carriage fee and other home advantages. Now this sat has more than 30 channels including Indus channels, MTV Pakistan, VH1 Pakistan, Business Plus, VU 1-4, Play, Apna Channels, Sindh TV. Most demanding sat is Asiasat 3S which carrys Geo News, Aaj, Hum TV, Masala, TV One, News One, PTV Network. Last sat to go for is Intelsat 10 it has ARY Network, Express news, Dawn, Samaa, Dunya, AVT Khyber.

There is also one more sat u can consider Thaicom 5 which used to has many pakistani channels but most of them migrated to Paksat, but it still has some worth watching channels like Filmax, Filmazia, Channel 5, Fun TV, Starlite, Silver Screen, KTN.

Posted

@ShuAK

I also want to use Single Solution Lnb plz tell me will it work as in my area this problem is severe.How many channels you are receiving after using this LNB.Are u receiving Geo,AAj,Express,dawn and Paksat channels.Your detailed answer will be helpful for me as i am not receiving these channels from 1-1/2 years.

Posted

hi muje samaj nai aa rahi plz koi batai gy

Posted (edited)

tell your problem, Kiya Samajh hahi aa raha bhai

Edited by kingofnet

Posted

@kingofnet yes it'll work. i also have severe problem in my area all the channels were gone not even the strongest frequencies. so someone suggested me this lnb so now i have almost all the channels of Asiasat 3S which include Geo, Aaj, PTV, Tv One, News One, Hum TV, Masala. As far as Express and Dawn are concerned, they are on Intelsat 10 and this sat is almost in the same direction where WiMax tower is located so many low signal channels are not receiving which include Express, Dawn, Samaa, Dunya. Paksat is exactly in the same direction so no signal even on single solution. One thing i would like to mention im using 6 feet dish and size also play big role in good signal reception, so weak or no signal problem can be solve by using big size dish.

Anyway try this lnb i am sure u will get not all but most of the channels of ur desired sat but keep these points in ur mind which i mentioned specially dish size.

Posted

Well I got installed a 6 ft solid dish with two LNB's, one for AsiaSat3s and the second for NSS6 where indian channels also come.

Posted

kaun kaun say channels arahay hain

n

How much it cost u?

Posted

Rs. 5 thousand for the dish. 8ft dish with two lnb's. Asiasat3s and NSS6 channels.

Not a very good thing.

Posted

@ShuAK

Please solve my problem. I have also become victim of WIMAX and know y C band LNB creating problems for and a lot of distortion is coming when I use wimax. The device on--> the problem start.

Plzzzzzz help.

Posted

^that is because WiMax operates at same frequency band as C band. only solution for that use Single Solution lnb. for maximum effect hide wire from lnb to receiver in metal pipe (pipe that we use for water supply) and build a wall on the side of dish where you think signal of WiMax is coming, means direction of transmitter of service provider or relocate your dish antenna on the ground surrounded by walls but walls should not block the signal. one more thing do you have roof top antenna for WiMax? if yes try to relocate it as well.

let me know if it helps.

Posted

WiMax interference can also be solved if you move dish to different location i.e. atleast 10 feet away. I experienced it myself even using single solution LNB.

Posted (edited)

I tried to move dish to 10 ft but the problem exists. The signal bar go back to zero after every4 or 5 seconds.

I am using Buckeye which has two black antennas. Let me relocate that device. But one thing more: Do you think that wolverine another device or a Jupiter might have some less interfewrance.

I asked the dish guy and he's selling that single solution LNB for 1900 Rs. The problem is that I watch AsiaSat 3S and the Wimax signals can also be received only from that reflection.

Edited by Imran

Posted

I also watch AsiaSat3S and had to change LNB and relocate the dish to another corner of roof. BTW I also noticed that having Wateen's CPE in same room where receiver was kept created same problem. Switching Off CPE resolved the problem. That's why I preferred DSL over WMax.

Posted

hmmmm then i suggest both of you must switch to dsl if its available.

Posted

Actually thr main problem is that no DSL available as underground media in my locality is of poor quality. Only waiting, waiting and waiting for DSL enabled network which is only a promise from PTCL.

Well I will have to go for that Single Solution LNB. Ohh GOD harchay he harchay.

Posted

which is best single solution LNB ?

Posted

One man on another forum was suggesting me EuroStar but when I went to shop the shopkeeper was telling Starlink is good. But both are not cheap. I am waiting for DSL, then no wateen no problem.

Posted

Im using Echostar one of the best. Bought for 1500 last year. Right now its available for above 2k.

Posted (edited)

i want to receive FTA channels from both Astra 19.2°East and Hot Bird 13°East satellites channel in one dish.

1.need all information wat to do

2.if possible then tell the list of channel comes in lahore

Edited by asifm86

Posted (edited)

^^Astra 19.2°East is not receivable outside of Europe. So forget it.

You can receive Hotbird but its signal is weak in Lahore. To get all the channels you will need 12 feet dish. Go to Hall Road and ask any Satellite shop keeper. He'll give you all the details you want.

List of channels available on Hotbird:

http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html

(channels in beige color are FTA)

Edited by ShuAK

Posted

Hotbird has alot of Music channels. BTW do you guys get good hotbird signal, coz no matter how many times I fix the position of my hotbird dish, it's always the first one that moves and loses signal. It's off almost all the time now.