Shipping To Pakistan by USPS Priority Mail [Risky??]

280 posts in this topic

Posted

i am getting a PS3 at low price from USA and seller ships by USPS Priority Mail if anyone can share his experience or suggestions i dont want it to be lost

1 person likes this

Posted

USPS is safe as long you get the tracking number. but you should make sure that the seller is legit

Posted

Go for it. Should be fine. Expect to pay some duties upon delivery.

Posted (edited)

i am getting a PS3 at low price from USA and seller ships by USPS Priority Mail if anyone can share his experience or suggestions i dont want it to be lost

USPS is safe until it enter into Pakistan Mail's territory. Service by Pakistan Mail is not that reliable at all. I have "lost" (I call it stolen) few items by Pakistan Mail (sent by USPS). Remember one rule, never ever send check that will go through Pakistan Mail (sent from USPS), not even a cross check.

As mentioned by runbrun keep track of your package through tracking number.

On the other hand, the international courier service providers (like UPS and DHL) are very safe compare to ordinary mail because later one goes through Pakistan Mail.

I have got few items through UPS courier service (sent from different countries including USA) and none of them ever got lost (or delayed more than acceptable time-frame).

EDIT: I edited post because in hurry I wrote few things wrong.

Edited by wampyr

Posted

I just got a package yesterday from US shipped via USPS Priority Mail. I got it fine though the box was a bit roughed up. Dunno if it was due to the box or the shipping but ensure you get it packed well. Had to pay a bit higher duties.

And yes, definitely get the tracking number.

Posted

mine got lost when bibi got killed in 2007 December never got it it was suppose to be delivered in December end but never got it checked through tracking it shows it left usa but dont shows it arrived in pakistan

dont forget to insure it as the item will come through pakistani customs and anything is possible in our great country.

Posted

UPS is a reputable company doing business all over the world

It's USPS we are talking about here, not UPS, Mr. "I-have-an-expert-opinion-on-everything" Jamadar.

Posted

It's USPS we are talking about here, not UPS, Mr. "I-have-an-expert-opinion-on-everything" Jamadar.

^_^

Posted

My sister want to give us a surprise on previous Eid, she sent a parcel through USPS.

The parcel never arrived and after Eid, she asked if everyone liked the goods and we were all surprised :)

I went to GPO Rawalpindi withe tracking number but these !@#$%^&* never bothered to listen to corporate.

So she complained about it with the tracking number in USA and BINGO the package arrived in 10 days with all the contents.

The lesson we learn in this is, if you are sending goods of 100$ always put 200$ insurance and pay the small amount on it and declare it under Gifts in USA. so if the parcel get lost you get the refund.

Secondly, USPS push the PAK POST for the parcel to be delivered.

SECOND APPROACH

A friend of mine has set his line in the GPO and he get shipment of memory cards and cellphone from Hongkong. His parcel alwasy get in shape with complete products and almost little taxes and duties.

So if you intend to get things from USA get a line set in you GPO

Posted

ship with express mail if you are so concerned

Posted

My sister want to give us a surprise on previous Eid, she sent a parcel through USPS.

The parcel never arrived and after Eid, she asked if everyone liked the goods and we were all surprised :)

I went to GPO Rawalpindi withe tracking number but these !@#$%^&* never bothered to listen to corporate.

So she complained about it with the tracking number in USA and BINGO the package arrived in 10 days with all the contents.

The lesson we learn in this is, if you are sending goods of 100$ always put 200$ insurance and pay the small amount on it and declare it under Gifts in USA. so if the parcel get lost you get the refund.

Secondly, USPS push the PAK POST for the parcel to be delivered.

SECOND APPROACH

A friend of mine has set his line in the GPO and he get shipment of memory cards and cellphone from Hongkong. His parcel alwasy get in shape with complete products and almost little taxes and duties.

So if you intend to get things from USA get a line set in you GPO

What do you mean by "line set"? He has installed a phone line at his local post office branch ?

Posted

USA things are gud waisay... i bought PS1 from there.. no issues..!

Posted

What do you mean by "line set"? He has installed a phone line at his local post office branch ?

By Line Set, I meant go talk to the guy in international parcel in GPO and tell him if he deliverers you parcels in good condition you will reward him.

Posted

USPS is fine, try getting the guy sending you the stuff to mark the package as toy + gift. No duties that way. I have bought some stuff this way without paying any duty.

Posted

AOA:->

Brother I'm going to receive a parcel by USPS,sent by my friend!

I have tracking no but for about 6 days I'm receiving the status that "Your item left the United States".

'> what should i do, ?i need it urgent:(

> Hope you will help me.

> THANKS a lot!!!!

Posted

^ What is the tracking number?

Posted

why are you asking about tracking no?

Posted

why are you asking about tracking no?

Why do you think I am asking for it? What is a tracking number used for? :/

Posted

well i think tracking no is confidential!

is it? ;)

Posted

^ not really you need ID card proff to get your item from customs.

Posted

what i really want to know is either

i have to go custom officers for my parcel

or

i have to wait for Pakistan postal service to provide it at my home?

Posted

^ not really you need ID card proff to get your item from customs.

OK,i got it!

Posted

Guys, USPS website will only say Parcel has left. It gets updated when the parcel reaches its destination. No info. is ever updated in their system in between. Tracking number is to find out if the package has reached its destination.

Posted

Guys, USPS website will only say Parcel has left. It gets updated when the parcel reaches its destination. No info. is ever updated in their system in between. Tracking number is to find out if the package has reached its destination.

so,what i have to do in between is "WAIT"

Posted

well i think tracking no is confidential!

is it? ;)

You really are new to getting items from abroad, aren't you? :rolleyes:

Forget USPS. If you have the tracking number, go to http://www.ep.gov.pk and use your tracking number there to track your parcel.